Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Qtc

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

Went in for a C&P by QTC on July 2nd got certified letter yesterday that said my blood work showed Anemia and high glucose. I am SC for DB2 and secondary heart disease. Does this Anemia stuff figure in here or is it something I have to claim separate.

looks like I am falling apart big time.

Stillhere "for now"

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If this can be associated to your SC conditions-I would claim it if I were you. This BVA case shows how they rate anemia:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp98/files2/9811616.txt

You would have to establish what kind of anemia it is and how the DMII or heart disease is the cause of it.

By the way-are you still working -stillhere?

WOw- I cant believe how fast I found this:

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/conte...tract/26/4/1164

This is an excellent medical refernce and there apparently is a strong association of anemia to DMII-

I had no idea----

I would file claim if I were you and attach and refer to the abstract at this site as evidence.

WOw- I cant believe how fast I found this:

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/conte...tract/26/4/1164

This is an excellent medical refernce and there apparently is a strong association of anemia to DMII-

I had no idea----

I would file claim if I were you and attach and refer to the abstract at this site as evidence.

Berta, Thanks for the information looks to me like QTC should just bring this up when they send the results of my C&P to VARO and my claim should be updated, will be interesting to read thier decision when I finally get it. if you think I need to send them something else I guess I will have to wait until I see my PCP in a couple of weeks. The letter I got from QTC was to make sure and make my PCP aware of it.

In answer to your question am I still working depends who you talk to! I am in sales and ever since I have started on this road of diabetes/heart I have been seeing my sales going down. with all the exams, dr's visits and medications. Just don't seem to have the energy or the will and determination like I used to. Before 2003 I was making 6 numbers now I don't even make half that. wife had to go back to work so that helps a great deal.My boss lets me stay on, I think he is hoping I pull out of this rut but who knows.

Take care, Stillhere

Berta,Star,

I am going in for a visit with my PCP tomorrow and I guess/hope she will be able to tell me which type it is. I will post back later.

Will be interesting to see if the VA claim I have in now addresses this in some way.

Stillhere

Got the reply back on my claim and NO mention of the Anemia at all. Do I have to claim this as separate even though it was brought up by my last C&P? You would think they would just go a head and address it.

Thanks, Stillhere