Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Results

Rate this question

Jerry_O

Question

My surgeon said my preop and post op diagnoses of triple bypass - coronary artery disease is: Severe Coronary Artery Disease and angina pectoris.

The C&P examinor said my METS were 2-3. Also work, chores, shopping, etc were all severe. And hypertension and CAD most likely caused by DMII. RVN '68 - '69.

I am presently 60%. Two heart attacks, one stent replacement (that failed)(on active duty) and triple bypass within a year after being released from active duty.

I am working because I have too! Does anyone have an idea if this will be a rate increase?

Thanks.

Jerry

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

According to your mets, the Ef is 20 to 30 percent. Dont settle for anything less than 100 percent. Once you get your rating, you should have a doctor retire you.Then you can file for SSDI.

30 percent EF is a listing level impairment and you should be approved By SSD with no problems.

Good Luck.

You can also look at the CAD listings on schedule for rating disabilities.

You can study the SSD at ww.ssa.gov/bluebook/adultlistings/cardiovascular.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you doctor and the VA doctor say your CAD is most likely caused by DmII then that should be your nexus. Well known fact that CAD and PAD are caused by DMII and hypertention.

My surgeon said my preop and post op diagnoses of triple bypass - coronary artery disease is: Severe Coronary Artery Disease and angina pectoris.

The C&P examinor said my METS were 2-3. Also work, chores, shopping, etc were all severe. And hypertension and CAD most likely caused by DMII. RVN '68 - '69.

I am presently 60%. Two heart attacks, one stent replacement (that failed)(on active duty) and triple bypass within a year after being released from active duty.

I am working because I have too! Does anyone have an idea if this will be a rate increase?

Thanks.

Jerry

Jerry, I am waiting for my increase now as we speak. I think yours is a slam dunk for the fishin hole! Should be 100% P&T if not NOD and you will get it.

Take care take your meds and exercise if you can.

By the way the wife will be eligible for champva too.

Stillhere

Edited by stillhere