VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Rating Decision Today, 12 Months Start To Finish!

Rate this topic

MarineDog

I received my written decision today, 12 months from the date that I asked for an increase in my service connected disability. My RO is in Waco, Texas, yet I receive treatment at the VAMC in Big Spring, Texas and Albuquerque, New Mexico. At all levels of care within the VA, they all have been fantastic to work with, professional in all ways and in some situations more considerate to my needs than my private Doctors.

My old award is dated July 1, 1993 and it reads like this:

• 30% for Migraine Headaches

• 10% for Fibular Sesamoiditis

My new award is dated October 26, 2005 and it reads like this:

• Service connection for depression (also claimed as sleeplessness) is granted with evaluation of 50 from February 9, 2005.

• Service connection for right hip disability is granted with an evaluation of 10 percent effective November 1, 2004.

• Evaluation of migraine headaches, which is currently 30 percent disabling, is increased to 50 percent effective November 1, 2004.

• Evaluation of residuals, fibular sesamoiditis, right foot, which is currently 10 percent disabling, is increased to 20% effective November 1, 2004.

• Entitlement to individual unemployability is granted effective February 9, 2005.

• Basic eligibility to dependents’ Educational Assistance is established from February 9, 2005.

My combined rating is now 80% with TDIU, P&T! I am so happy with this decision. My backpay will be deposited into my account on the 15th. My wife feels better and now we actually see a future ahead of us and we are looking forward to a nice Christmas.

Thanks to all of you have answered my questions in the past and in the future. You are the heart and soul of HADIT, without you I may not have ever found the answers to my many questions.

Q: Am I considered 100% P/T?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Todd I am glad for your award. You will need to check further to see if it Permanent. The letter will explain if you are entitled to Chapter 35 and wife to ChampVA.

Don't forget to get the insurance.

• HadIt.com Elder

Todd

Congrats, if it says T&P then use the award letter and file for Champ VA for wife, and lil ones if you have any, also your wife could go to college, you can apply for a DOD card, and start checking on property exemptions, do this now.....if already paid take the letter for proof of date and get a refund.

Edited by JR Reihs