Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Colas For Next Year

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

does anyone know where it stands right now for the next COLA I have seen 2 numbers 2.3% or 2.8% hey that .5% makes a difference lol I appreciate the number crunchers that know how to figure it out I know Spetember is the number they use for the actual increase call it curiousty

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is believed by many economist's that the recent rate reduction by FDIC is going to trigger high inflation. I certainly hope not. 2% Colas really suck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Inflation is coming guys/gals....Think what the Chinese could do to our economy should they choose to dump their USD into that market at one shot....

I agree 2% sucks but it beats 1% :rolleyes:

Stay positive.

Bill

US Army Veteran

80% Combined Disability Rating

100% TDIU P&T

Until the Sep and AUG numbers come out it is just a guess, but dased on the average of the Jul/Aug/Sep 2006 CPI-W index of 199.3 and the Jul 2007 CPI-W index of 203.7 our COLA would be 2.21%.

((203.7-199.3)/199.3)x100 = 2.2%

• HadIt.com Elder

Every year I review my spending and give myself a COLA by cutting out something that I can do without. Social Security raise will be a joke next year. I am thinking of dropping Part B and D and using the VA exclusively but I still am afraid that will kill me.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Guest Dataman

Pete;

Don't do it (Drop part Bee). Va will kill you in Spokane. No ER after 4:30.

If you are retired from the military u have to keep part "B" for Tricare to cover you also. So when I got SSA Disabilty I went from paying 230 a year to 93 a month. Saving me money....Ha ha

But on the good side, I go to the Local Hospital without any bills and forget the VA when very sick. Otherwise I have to deal with sometimes poor care (sometimes it's good too). It's not 100% good. Ie some of the Dr's don't care or blow you off.

Edited by Dataman

• HadIt.com Elder

What on earth do you guys do w/all your money? I can't imagine living on just my SS but w/VA, I have more than enuf. I carry Part 'B' and pay for one of my meds the VA doesn't carry but I choose to take and am still able to have a savings acct. jmo

pr