Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet Wants Tro Move To Mexico 100%sc +smc

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetungs,

The vet I have been helping has made up his made up his mind to move to mexico. He's 71 and is 100% sc with SMC. His brother lives there and says life is cheap and has a place for him. The question is how will the RO see this? and what if they ever require an exam from him?

Can he get his direct deposit changed to a mexican bank? Thank you for your help in this matter. God bless.

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My Brother lives in Mexico cause its cheap and his money is enough for him to live alright. He has his Direct Deposit to a US Bank and he uses the debit and Visa Credit Card in Mexico.

He is living on Pensionisa Papers which allowed him to import a car and also Household Goods with no import taxes or duties. I suggest that your Vet starts out using Tourist Papers they are free and he can stay for up to 6 months at a time.

If he has family there already he will also have pretty cheap rent and food is still pretty inexpensive especially if he does not eat out.

I think that he can transfer to Houston RO but at his age they will not be giving him any more C&P's is my guess. Besides the mileage would be pretty good if they did. Houston RO handles Mexico and he can also visit the consulate. The VA will also pay for treatment of anything Service Connected.

Most Americans who live in Mexico usually buy Health Insurance which is pretty cheap compared to US prices.

Pete

Dear Pete,

Thank you very much. I appriciate your response. Can he apply for citizenship? He says he doesn't want to ever come back to the US. He told me it is not the country he got disabled for and lost 15 good friends. I just want to try to help him and give him correct information. He wante to sell his modest home as his wife died many years ago and his sons don't come around.

Thank you and God bless.

Bound4Heaven

Bound,

He is 71 years old,his 100% probably is PT,so he wantn't have to worry about another examination.I don't know anything about Mexican banks,but if he can get direct deposit there and thats what he want RO shouldn't have a problem with that because it his money.

mobie

Bound,

He is 71 years old,his 100% probably is PT,so he wantn't have to worry about another examination.I don't know anything about Mexican banks,but if he can get direct deposit there and thats what he want RO shouldn't have a problem with that because it his money.

mobie

Bound,

mobie

I agree with Mobie, it is his money, just get direct deposit but I would stay away from not wanting his citizenship. You renounce your citizenship and you will be in deep waters. Just get direct deposit and be happy with that.

• HadIt.com Elder

He can apply for Pensioner or Pensionista. It costs 134 every year and after 5 years they will allow him to apply for citizenship. As a Pensionista he can import domestic goods including a car for free. This is a big advantage cause cars cost about double in Mexico.

I also said my brother who is doing this uses Compass Bank in US and so far no trouble.

He can also keep his American Citizenship and get Mexican many Americans do that.