VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update/ Claim At Appeals Management Center

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

( I received this letter by email from R. O in answer to my inquiry of my claim. )

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs) 09/20/2007 08:42 AM

Mrs. xxxx,

We spoke with a representative at AMC, who indicate that your appeal is progressing.

The rating board there has reviewed your case, but there is some additional work that needs to be done, so a supervisor has your case at this time.

Thank you for contacting us.

If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message.

If at some future time we can help you on a different subject, you may submit a new inquiry at https://iris.va.gov, call us toll free at 1-800-827-1000, or visit our web site at www.va.gov.

Sincerely,

D Sxxxx

Veterans Service Center Manager

xxxxxxx

What do you think?

As Always Grateful,

Josephine

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The AMC Development Supervisor said the Rating Supervisor had my claim to sign and to post.

Good News? Bad News? or No News?

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

I called and left messages for my Amercian Legion rep at the AMC all last month. Never received a call or anything. I contacted my congressman and The AMC sent him a letter with the same information you received. I don't understand why they want updated info from your doctors every time they are supposely ready to rate your case.

I notified my rep and the AMC in writing a year ago I relocated from South Carolina to Alabama and my med records were sent also. In my letter it also states "this is our second request for your records from the Greenville SC outpaitent clinic." I call to speak with my rep last tuesday to remind him my records were no longer there but had to leave a message with this info because I knew he wouldn't return my call. I can only hope he got or looked at my message.

I don't know whats going on there but it seems a little strange. My remanded appeal has been there abouth four years now. Hopefully It won't take as long for them to complete yours.

BIGPAPA92

...I called and left messages for my Amercian Legion rep at the AMC all last month. Never received a call or anything.

BIGPAPA92

Hmm...I called my service reprecentative (DAV) a few times and did not receive a return call on three of five occasions. I know most of them are very good, but there are some who don't returm calls.

• HadIt.com Elder

I called and left messages for my Amercian Legion rep at the AMC all last month. Never received a call or anything. I contacted my congressman and The AMC sent him a letter with the same information you received. I don't understand why they want updated info from your doctors every time they are supposely ready to rate your case.

And I was told the American Legion in the AMC were so darn good. They don't appear to be any better than any of the others.

It took me 17 months just to get those stupid people at the AMC to acknowledge that I advanced on the docket and should have been out of there months ago.

Why in the heck does it take 4 years or longer for this organization to do their job???????????

Stupid Non- sense!

Josephine

Edited by Josephine