Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

Update/ Claim At Appeals Management Center

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

( I received this letter by email from R. O in answer to my inquiry of my claim. )

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs) 09/20/2007 08:42 AM

Mrs. xxxx,

We spoke with a representative at AMC, who indicate that your appeal is progressing.

The rating board there has reviewed your case, but there is some additional work that needs to be done, so a supervisor has your case at this time.

Thank you for contacting us.

If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message.

If at some future time we can help you on a different subject, you may submit a new inquiry at https://iris.va.gov, call us toll free at 1-800-827-1000, or visit our web site at www.va.gov.

Sincerely,

D Sxxxx

Veterans Service Center Manager

xxxxxxx

What do you think?

As Always Grateful,

Josephine

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

12 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess that they don't want to hear from you till they are finished

• HadIt.com Elder

The AMC Development Supervisor said the Rating Supervisor had my claim to sign and to post.

Good News? Bad News? or No News?

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Thats good call your Service Rep and ask them to find out for you. Good Luck

I called and left messages for my Amercian Legion rep at the AMC all last month. Never received a call or anything. I contacted my congressman and The AMC sent him a letter with the same information you received. I don't understand why they want updated info from your doctors every time they are supposely ready to rate your case.

I notified my rep and the AMC in writing a year ago I relocated from South Carolina to Alabama and my med records were sent also. In my letter it also states "this is our second request for your records from the Greenville SC outpaitent clinic." I call to speak with my rep last tuesday to remind him my records were no longer there but had to leave a message with this info because I knew he wouldn't return my call. I can only hope he got or looked at my message.

I don't know whats going on there but it seems a little strange. My remanded appeal has been there abouth four years now. Hopefully It won't take as long for them to complete yours.

BIGPAPA92

...I called and left messages for my Amercian Legion rep at the AMC all last month. Never received a call or anything.

BIGPAPA92

Hmm...I called my service reprecentative (DAV) a few times and did not receive a return call on three of five occasions. I know most of them are very good, but there are some who don't returm calls.

• HadIt.com Elder

I called and left messages for my Amercian Legion rep at the AMC all last month. Never received a call or anything. I contacted my congressman and The AMC sent him a letter with the same information you received. I don't understand why they want updated info from your doctors every time they are supposely ready to rate your case.

And I was told the American Legion in the AMC were so darn good. They don't appear to be any better than any of the others.

It took me 17 months just to get those stupid people at the AMC to acknowledge that I advanced on the docket and should have been out of there months ago.

Why in the heck does it take 4 years or longer for this organization to do their job???????????

Stupid Non- sense!

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

WHen the BVA set up the AMC to act as a nearby VARO to develop claims it worked pretty good. Than the PPV sued them and they changed the mission to keep the jobs I guess.

Now I think it is more like a penalty box than a help to Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am ready to get out of their jail! I have had it!

I have tried being really nice, sweet as honey and now I am turning sour!

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Jospehine I am sorry you are having problems with a SO at the AMC but I learned a few years ago just because people worked at the higher levels, does not make them better SO's, here in the VARO where I am, the new office manager supposedly spent 8 years working at the BVA and "knew" his stuff.

Right after Chney got involved in my claim I was awarded the 100% for PTSD and the RO closed all my other issues on appeal with some BS reason that I agreed to it. I NEVER agreed to it due to my severe heart disease I believe can be linked to the chemical weapons and drug experiments at Edgewood Arsenal or other toxins in the water and soil there. If nothing else as a secondary condition to PTSD using DR Boscarino's study.

But the "experienced SO" with all that time at the BVA wanted me to agree to close the claim for heart disease and file for a 10% claim for Hypertension WTF why? I revoked his POA and am appealing it myself.

Just because they work at higher levels doesn't make them any smarter

Sorry they are running you around in circles, isn't your niece a higher up at the VARO? if they screw people like you over with conenctions like that I am sure you understand it is no better for the rest of us. Bottom line this system sucks

• HadIt.com Elder

You are right. I believe my higher up connections are doing me more harm than good.

If I should receive a grant, folks may think that I received some help.

I think that is the way it goes.

I feel like I am going in circles, but I be darn if I am going to let them break me.

Thanks bunches!

Josephine

Hi josephine. Tank here still wait on the amc. spoke with a supervisor that didnt do any good.

Do you know the name of the development supervisor.I hope is not ms dunlap. Will keep pray for you and all my Brother

and Sister that va do was right by Us

semper fi

Tank

• HadIt.com Elder

Tank,

Yes, Ms. Dunlap is the Development Supervisor. I don't trust her any futher than I can throw a snake.

If you want the truth about your claim, I am afraid that there is one honest one in the bunch and this is Lidel Gengle.

He and his wife are both veterans and had to fight the system just as we are.

Josephine