VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Three C&p's Scheduled, Two Ortho, One Psych.

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I mean, the VA Medical Center has been taking care of me since the first of the year, and they have diagnosed Major Depression Disorder (that's the psych claim, secondary to pain resulting from my SC'd condition). So, they have been prescribing medication for my MDD, and it makes me better, as long as I take it regulary.

Should I take it, and show up at my psych C&P appearing relatively "normal"?

Then, the Ortho C&P's, same thing....the VAMC has been providing me with codiene and some other stuff (makes me better, takes away most of my pain, I can sleep 2 - 3 hours a night now).

Same question, should I take my pain meds and show up at my Ortho C&P's "numb"? Or show up like I would be IF I didn't have the VA's meds "on board"?

I mean, I can really see them saying "claimant did NOT appear to be in any pain......yada, yada", and do NOT think for a second that they wouldn't do just exactly THAT.

Which, of course, brings up ANOTHER silly question:

Why can't they just accept THEIR OWN DOCTOR'S previous dianosis? Why even HAVE a C&P?

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Vaf gives good advice.

There is no fraud or intent of fraud in my opinion, if you do not take pain meds prior to a C&P examination.

You should provide a complete list of medications and if your asked if you get relief from the medication, than you should answer honestly. I sure as heck don't know why anyone would take this crap if it brings no relief from the symptoms. May as well eat a ten lb block of cheeze everyday for what it does to your bowels.

Pain and physical examinations are based on what the examiner views at the moment.

Your not likely to see a genometer used to detect loss of range of motion due to pain, but the dr will notice your reaction to movement.

If your sedated, an acurate examination for pain can not be observed.

Ninetynine percent of the time your C&P results will be based on what the examiner "OBSERVES" during the examination. Some don't bother to view your labs, radiology, or medical history. They only go by what they observe at the "MOMENT".

It has nothing to do with the ability to drive a car to the appointment or anywhere else for that matter.

Allan

A person could hurt themselves slippin on all this duckbutter.............

good to see you back Rick.

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry,

I personally hate to see a veteran get treated like a thief for asking a logical question.

But, you just can't expect these jerks to act with any decency towards us. They will spend their off hours harassing vets and accusing them falsely of attempting fraud by seeking accuracy.

You see Larry. With these DVA nut cases, they get to come here an insult vets. Thats something they can't get away with at work except in the denials. My best to you.................Allan

Trying to conceal your symptoms by not taking pain medication? Maybe its the new carpeting in some of those buildings.

Larry, my comments early on in this post were not meant to suggest anything other than an uneducated medical concern. I do not and I suggest anyone else not to change any thing about their meds without consult with the doctor.

As to this fraud tone - stopping your meds for an exam IS NOT fraud. Due to my career I can comment on this with an expert opinion. Things such as pain meds and even hypertension meds are given to you to simply allow your body to cope with the disability. Now if the meds were meant to and had been proven to CURE a condition and you attempted to simply keep the condition in order to draw disability payments then maybe you could make such a charge stick. Thats a very slim maybe and depends on the level of aggression the DA/AUSA.

So Larry, do what you need to do. My concern was simply that you not harm your body.

Pete/Six - this is a great post so let it run. Anytime you have a forum such as hadit you are going to get a couple who strongly advocate their opinion as law and issue some attacks. Just something we all gotta deal with and can not control. As long as it does not turn into a big 50 percent against 50 percent war we should be ok.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ha Ha Ricky.

Sometimes when you throw some water on a fire it spreads it. As long as Members behave there will be no actions taken against this thread.