Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thanks Hadit

Rate this question

Christopher

Question

Hello all..I just registered as a member here although I have been picking your collective brains as a guest for some time now.

I am 60% rated presently and am fighting several pending claims and appeals.

Ever since I was discharged in 2000 the Waco VA has been jerking my chains.

I used to sit back and shake my head in bewilderment and astonishment..eventually I started getting mad!

Several months ago I started surfing the internet and stumbled across this website.

The knowledge I have gained while reading the posts here in the forum has armed me with ammunition and I am firing back at the incompetence with confidence!

I have recently filed 2 CUEs..reopened a denied claim with new and material evidence..sent 2 IRIS inquiries and subsequently an IRIS complaint...am in the process of revoking the appointment of my service organization to represent me..and have applied for and been approved for Vocational Rehabilitation!

I have learned a lot from you guys and gals...Thanks and Rock On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Pete...good luck at Waco..U are right..as a national VA Lawyer told me...they are among the worst in the country.

Cowgirl..U shoulda been a Cowboy baybee...just joking!

Anyways..I got a voicemail on my cell today from Clarence..apparently he is as he said on his message..a counselor responding to my IRIS complaint.

He said call the 1-800 # and ask for him..so I did..@ 1 hour after he left his message.

The person I got tried to connect me to him but came back saying he's either on the phone or with a client.

She asked if I wanted to leave him a message..I said: I will gladly speak with him in an effort to resolve my complaint..but.. I specifically selected the E-Mail response to my complaint..why is he calling me?

She says...Well there might be a security thingamajig with E-Mailing..I says...I have gotten 2 responses in the last week via E-Mail from Waco?..She really wanted to hang-up then...Hummena-Hummena..she says..well I will give him the message that u want your response via E-Mail..not telephonically.

I says..Good..but I have no problem speaking with him...tell him to call me again.

As per Hadit..I want whatever they say in writing...to use in the future...verbal is to their benefit..not mine!

I am numb to the B-S...ready to give them Buffalo dung when they give me Horse-dung!

Sure..Cue 1: I put in a claim for an increase from 10% to 30% Hiatal Hernia with GERD..provided several medical documents from the VA Healthcare system as evidence of the increased severity of the condition. They denied the increase and left it at 10%.

My cue stated that the regulations were misapplied..the rater did not consider all the service records in his/her possesion. Failed to even list or address the evidence in front of them.

Cue 2: I was denied for allergies(allergic rhinitis) they said there was 1 active duty medical record showing the diagnosis..but I do not have it now.

Fact is..I have it bad..and the VA has been prescribing me prescription clariton(generic) for 7 years now.

I found older records they probably don't even have(I recently requested a copy of my C-File thanks to you guys educating me on that) documenting the condition during service. Again..failure to consider all service records .

I have been medically retired from civil service and put in for TDIU..being 60% I have been trying to get up to 70%..Don't even get me started on my Hypertension denial or my severe obstructive apnea that in 2 C&Ps both doctors said it was more likely than not that the onset was during active duty...I've been fighting them on that for 4 years! They maintain that i have the condition now but didn't have it when i was active duty. Even though 2 of the VA doctors put it on paper that I did! Anyways..It is what it is...We all got our unique cases huh?