Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Asking For A Review The Same As A Nod

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

In my claims file copy, I noticed that I sent a letter to the VARO asking them to review my claim. Would this be considered a NOD?

Here is the letter,

The enclosed statements are from my doctor and my company accident report. Please review these records in relation to my disability compensation claim.

Edited by hurryupnwait

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

If the VA did not adequately advise you of any decision and also your appellate rights- you could write to them and explain that you believe the older claim is still pending as you never received a decision that you could NOD.

It is worth looking into----it would not be the first time the VA failed to send a decision to a veteran.

I got two decisions from the BVA 2 years ago-one was addressed to me and the other one was addressed to my husband, dead 13 years ago today as a matter of fact-this is a sad day for me.

I had to contact the POAs on the decisions and tell one rep his vet won 100% from the BVA and then tell the other rep his vet lost and I gave him some suggestions as to how the vet could re-open-when I sent the reps these decisions.

Hi Berta

Please accept my condolences.

I am very grateful for your help.

I returned Friday from Washington DC. I picked up a complete copy of my claims file from AMC and had a medical exam by Dr. Bash.

Happy Trails

Paul

Edited by hurryupnwait