VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssi Help....

Rate this question

Sidney56

Question

Can someone explain to me the difference between ssi and ssdi, if there is any. I am not eligible for ss because of not enough quarter credits. I was told by senators office to file for ssi, because of financial hardship. Is there any help for veterans filing for ssi? I saw somewhere on the board mentioning a company by the name of Allsup, Inc that helps veterans file for ss. Does that include ssi also?

Need help as soon as possible, have an appointment Nov. 7th. Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

SSDI is Social Security Disabled Insurance.

SSI is a different program. Go to www.ssa.gov and look it up. You can go to your local SS office to file for SSI. Yoiu can also do it on line at the above site. There is strict criteria for SSI with total family income limitations.

• HadIt.com Elder

SSI is for a disabled person to have some income sort of like the Veterans Pension is for Veterans. It is not a lot and they will probably offset what you are getting from the VA. However at 20% if that is only income you should go for it.

Thanks Pete for the reply...that is my only income, but my wife is employed and barely makes enough to cover bills. Do you know what the maximum income is for a family of 3 to qualify for ssi?