VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medications

Rate this topic

When in the US the VA was providing all the medications but now I live outside the Country. Can prescriptions be sent that way or only to a US Address?

Thanks

Josh

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You might look at asking your Embassy if you can get the meds there. You can also ask the pharmacy to give you a full year's worth or something like that.

You might check with the Houston RO as I think that they have a lot of Veterans who live in Mexico under their wings. I know that you are in Columbia just a thought.

Or you might open up an account with a mail forwarder to take delivery in US and than send to you.

I send VA meds to my dad in Asia. THey are controlled substances. The VA would not ship them but they send them to me and I forward them. THe customs in the receiving country is not always happy that morphine is being shipped there. I just have to make sure I use all the forms and that I include a copy of the med info with the waybill. Has made it everytime...so far!

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Josh, How far are you from the Embassy in Bogata? The US embassy is american soil so I am willing to bet the ambassador would allow the VA to ship your meds there so you can pick them up.

Check this out for it is probally the safest way to get them without someone stealing them.

Edited by jbasser

• 1 month later...

Helllo ibasser Josh here in Colombia with you. I live in a small town outside of Cartagena. Bogota is a long way away and would require a flight down. For a years worth of meds it would be woth it to be sure. The wife and I seem to be supporting the pharmaceutical companies here way too much!

• HadIt.com Elder

Josh:

I think that the VA Pharmacies will work with you on getting your meds. You have to ask though.