Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Have Any Of You Successfully Challenged A C & P Exam

Rate this question

vaf

Question

I'm curious to see if any of you ever successfully challenged a C & P exam because you couldn't understand the examiner, and the examiner either misinterpreted your statements, or wrote misstatements in the C & P report due to not understanding you.

In short, due to an acute communication problem. Anyone?

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Tanks, Betty.

I'm going to call the VARO in Waco on Monday. I'm going to ask to talk to the "boss person" and see what happens. I don't even know what to call the head of a VARO. Anyway, I'm just going to tell WHOever I can get to talk to me, I'm going to tell them about this and see what I need to do.

When I find out, I'll be back here, on this posting, and tell ya what they said.

I hope it's not like when you call the 1-800 number....Moday's answer is always different from the answer that ya got the Friday before, and directly opposed to the answer that you will get if you call 'em back Tuesday....and so on.

My depression is really kickin the cr*p outta me right now.

I look around me, I haven't done anything for days.....and I'm so unbelievably exhausted...I'd cry if I thought it would do me any good.

This really sucks.

sorry, I'll hush....just tired and kinda lonely

Larry,

Try to get through to the Veterans Service Manager. He in my opinion is calling all the shots.

Be sure and place your complaint immediatly with the Patient Advocate at the Medical Center and they will put you in contact with the Privacy Amendment Officer, who will need to go in and talk to you doctor and see if he chooses to change the C&P.

In my case, no way, were they going to take out their lies. After I did all of this. The Quack went in and put a " Privacy Amendment Act Notice" on that C&P, not good for me to read the C&P.

Like I am going to believe this, after knowing that I had a copy in order to place the complaint.

Try to cheer up some.

I know that you feel desperate as I do.

Sometimes, I wonder, what in the heck it is all about.

It is very difficult to fight lies.

You don' think that some one would do this to another person, but I guess that is the only life that they know.

They get paid to do it.

Always,

Betty

Thanks for all replies, we know there's a whole assortment of reasons to challenge the validity of a C & P exam. I'm trying to help someone who had a communication problem with the examiner for whom English was not his native language. Buick x, that's the kind of experience I was asking about. I advised this veteran to challenge the C & P not only due to the communication problem, but the examiner became extremely confrontational and agitated when the vet suggested that they weren't understanding each other very well. The other interesting aspect about this is that the vet has Tricare, is seen at a local AFB clinic, and was referred to a civilian MD who diagnosed him with the condition which was the basis of the C & P exam. The C & P examiner said he never heard of the condition, and insisted no such condition exists. However, I found a lengthy discussion of it in the Merck Manual Online. Therefore, it was clear to me that the examiner was not qualified to conduct this exam, based not only upon his poor command of English, but also upon his unfamiliarity with the condition that was the basis of the veteran's claim.

I was just wondering about the language aspect of all this, and if anyone ever successfully challenged their C & P exam based on the fact that the examiner couldn't understand what they were saying and vice versa.

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck on talking to any bosses at the VA. There was a time when Principi would respond to an email but that is pretty rare. Waco is like a fortress the big shots have their own gated parking place and a private entrance.

"Therefore, it was clear to me that the examiner was not qualified to conduct this exam, based not only upon his poor command of English, but also upon his unfamiliarity with the condition that was the basis of the veteran's claim."

"I was just wondering about the language aspect of all this, and if anyone ever successfully challenged their C & P exam based on the fact that the examiner couldn't understand what they were saying and vice versa."

-- vaf

Then contest it...don't "wonder" about it any further.

As Nike used to say, "Just do it."

-- John D.

Edited by cloudcroft

The letter's long gone out, John D. I was just wondering if I left anything out, or could learn something new from the experience of those on this board. I would send an addendum to the challenge, if that were the case.

No problem, Larry. Sometimes, the most interesting information comes out of the discussion taking a different turn.