Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Co-pays

Rate this question

Sgt eve

Question

Hi, my last claim I did was last year. It took almost a year to be awarded 60% SC. During that time I saw a civilian Dr. for the exact same thing I am now awarded for. I heard somwhere and or from someone that I can get a refund for the copays I had to pay before I was able to receive care at VA clinic. IS that true? If so how do I go about it? Thanks!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Hi, my last claim I did was last year. It took almost a year to be awarded 60% SC. During that time I saw a civilian Dr. for the exact same thing I am now awarded for. I heard somewhere and or from someone that I can get a refund for the copays I had to pay before I was able to receive care at VA clinic. IS that true? If so how do I go about it? Thanks!

I don't know what form you use or what the procedure is to get the reimbursemented copays, but maybe you could send a message to one these vets and they could guide you in the right direction. Here is the thread below.

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...art=#entry31517

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe that the co-pay you are referring to is only refundable if the VA was charging you co-pay at a VA facility or co-pay for VA supplied drugs for a problem that became service connected after you paid the co-pay..

Hi, my last claim I did was last year. It took almost a year to be awarded 60% SC. During that time I saw a civilian Dr. for the exact same thing I am now awarded for. I heard somwhere and or from someone that I can get a refund for the copays I had to pay before I was able to receive care at VA clinic. IS that true? If so how do I go about it? Thanks!

• HadIt.com Elder

First step is to call the VA billing ofice and ask someone to do a Pharmacy Audit of your record.

Make sure they know the effective date of your claim/ Get them a copy of the award letter.

You can also do this in person or in writing to the patient advocate of your primary care doctor.

It may take awhile but from the date you are 50 percent, you should get a medicine copay refund. Medical copays do not apply.

Check with your local VA hospital in the Patient Affairs Dept. 50% or above is reimbursed

for Co-payments from initial s/c date Just dig into Va.org and see about money owed to you or the VA. I read a lot of both Hadit and VA news.

jan