Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Took 8 Years But Finally

Rate this topic

TiredSgt

You had a GREAT claim Sgt.-

I like what you said- I too find myself reading old denials to claims that I eventually succeeded in-and some of those denials were important to my present claims-

yes- Evidence is everything-and there is never too much evidence for a VA claim-

Congratulations!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the great replies guys/gals...yes, that was 2 yrs retro, it came just in time for wifey's job transfer from Kentucky to Panama City Beach, FL! It's a very nice and welcomed climate change to say the least.

If anyone is trying to service connect heart disease with PTSD and was in Somalia, give me a PM, I could have some info that may help (it helped me 100%) lol. I feel I have accomplished a great task, as I was only rated at 10% PTSD, but was able to service connect my heart disease (caused by or aggravated through PTSD).

Thanks for the support through it all HADIT, I'm sure many vets feel the same about this site...a real morale booster and great source of information/research.

RE-TiredSgt

Congratulations! You waited a long time and now do something for yourself and make yourself and family smile and breathe in the relief. Happy Veteran's Day! Keep coming to board and help us out with your knowledge and patience.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't stopped by in a while, but got good news last week...VA service-connected me at 100%, retro to May 05. Thought I'd share my good fortune with all the great veterans of Hadit.

It was a long battle, claims, appeals, long waits, numerous appointments, C&P exams, etc, but it finally paid off. It feels good...an enormous relief for sure, good luck guys and keep plugging away, don't give up. There were many times when I read my denial letters, I would come to this site for encouragement and found it and also found the endurance to write one more appeal or look for one more piece of "material" evidence.

Thanks again TBird and all the others who know of my struggle - it's finally over!

TB

Congrats and good job hanging in and not giving up.

Danang_1969

• HadIt.com Elder

What a " Wonderful" Way to celebrate Thanksgiving.

I am Thankful that you have succeeded and "Life" will bring many oppportuities for you and your Family!

This News brings more meaning to my day!

As Always,

Josephine

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use