Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yikes! So Has Me Parenoid

Rate this question

winkjo

Question

:rolleyes: Just did C & Ps for hearing + tininitis, bilateral neuropathy(feet), DM-II upgrade from 20% to ??? My Freedom of Info looks good for hearing + tininitis (any idea what % that draws?), hypertension & assoc heart disease as 2ndary to DM-II, and--at long last--PN also associated with diabetes. Currently rated total of 20%.

Now for the YIKES !!! with bit of background first:

- Finally located heavy combat stressors and filed w/PTSD crap thru my SO.

- Also filed solid Pes Planus claim (pes planus noted on my join-up physical) via my SO

- A Soc Sec law judge found fully for me as of Jan 2003 for "severe PTSD, chronic Depressive

Disorder, etc" (Berta, in all her good wisdom, suggested 4 months past that I file for TDIU, but I waited until I could locate and file solid stressors until now).

HERE'S THAT YIIIIIIKES!..when my SO and I filed the above hi-lited stuff, I wanted to also file for TDIU. BUT... my SO firmly advised that he SHOULD NOT file the TDIU along with the above because--if they deny it--I would likely have a hard time getting TDIU down the long road. I'm freaking over his attitude on this one, because I feel--especially at age 63-- that I am a strong candidate for TDIU...maybe even P & T !

Sure would like some discussion on this one, Veteran brothers & sisters --

Semper Fi

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Good reminder that SO and client needs to an be 'interactive' relationship. I am guessing the SO may be scared, doesnt have the experience, has had TDIU denials before or has regional SO guidance to follow. Probably a good idea, retract your POA and search for a SO that 'serves' you! Never the less, just before you file for TDIU double check here to make sure your supporting paperwork is together. There is lots of experience here. I too will be glad when you do file for what sounds like well deserved TDIU, best of luck and check back so we can learn too, with care,cg

"Could be! But would you share some rationale of your own re: the SO's statement that I should not file for TDIU until after the VARO rates me for PTSD?"

I suggest you send the SO a copy of my Post # 5 and ask him for his rationale on that statement.