Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sorry Been Gone

Rate this question

spike

Question

Sorry everyone. Yes, this is *NOT* my direct line but if anyone wants to get a hold of me until my world changes xxx xxx xxxx. I've been through some very HORRIBLE things as of lately.

NOTE: phone number deleted by me - please do not post personal identifiying information on the board, if you want you may pm or email members with your personal information. This is for your own protection.

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder
Sorry everyone. Yes, this is *NOT* my direct line but if anyone wants to get a hold of me until my world changes xxx xxx xxxx. I've been through some very HORRIBLE things as of lately.

NOTE: phone number deleted by me - please do not post personal identifiying information on the board, if you want you may pm or email members with your personal information. This is for your own protection.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Founder

spike so sorry to hear what you are going through, what an emotional roller coaster. stay strong and i think the idea about writing in a journal would be a good one for you, you have to get those feelings out and writing them down is about the safest way i can think of.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

I once had to "leave behind" a loved one who was poisoning everyone around her--we had been together for more than 20 years. As others have stated earlier, you can't always save everyone; there are occasions when one must think of the ramifications of remaining with a tortured soul. The welfare of my son and my sanity became paramount. I'm not Dr. Phil, but keeping in touch with others such as your friends at HADIT and not becoming isolated is obviously important.

I respect you for what you are doing for your children and wish you the very best...

Spike I agree with Manitou. Once at our 26 year mark in the ole marriage me and the other half began to have trouble. Although I loved her dearly and my family I told her that it had to stop because I was getting old and I just simply wanted to be happy. She thought about it for a while and we worked things out and just honored our 35th year of marriage. However, I was fully ready to walk in order to find that happiness along with peace and quite. She knew that and I knew that - Although you love someone with all your heart you also gotta think about your life as a person. If you continue to follow the blind path of love you will sometimes find yourself in a living hell - it ain't worth it my friend. Sometimes things were just not meant to be. You will find what you are looking for but you gotta go look for it and sometimes it ain't in the direction you thought or wanted it to be in.

• HadIt.com Elder

Spike,

You have opinions of many of your friends now. Please remember our conversation. Don't isolate yourself from the world.

There are so many veterans out there, right now, that need your help.

As I told you, she may come back before Christmas, and she may not, but you may have to travel on through life without her.

You have a lovely daughter and lovely home and your Social Security will be with you in no time at all.

Come back in and post for us lost veterans, like me.

Always,

Josephine

(Betty)

I want you guys to know, thank you. I guess deep down inside I know I can not change her unless she is willing to admit she has a problem. One family member said she always comes back, she knows you will fix everything. I just read an article on http://members.aol.com/smartnews/howchildhoodsa.htm and I can see what is going on with her. I can only just be here when the dust settles. What I deal with is knowing that she is causing self inflicted pain on herself as well as the pain she inflicts on the state of her and my own children. I am beaten, and have to accept defeat. Do you know how hard that is when I lost 35 marines in 30 days, because i didnt do all possible. I am just concerned and sad because of this. I have to go. Pray for my wife, because she needs it more than anyone. The kids have me. That will never change. She was mad at me for buying my step daughter and step son a birthday card and a gift certificate from my daughter (their step sister) for their birthdays. What is up with that.Betty, If you get a chance ring me back today.

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------