Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bank Of America

Rate this question

carlie

Question

One bank I use is Bank of America. I just recently found out, while making a rather large withdrawl (at a different branch than usual),

that Bank of America does not accept a VA Disabled Veteran ID card with your photo on it, as Identification.

The branch manager told me that the cards are too easy to forge. I think this sucks and wonder if other vets have this problem.

carlie

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest rickb054

I have used Bank of America for years. I have used my civil service Id card, dL and retired military Id card. I have been all over the states and to many different branches and no one has ever asked for more than one id or questioned any of my id's... I wonder if maybe your branch doesn't have its own rules?

Funny---I had run in with teller yesterday at Bank of America. I wanted to cash a small chek. The teller wanted 2 picture ID's, a credit card, and thumb print. I told her to Fxxx Off. I went to manager and explained that I had been banking there for over 20yrs ( before BOA ) owned the bank, had 20Xs the amount of the check I wanted to cash in my account. I also told them that I strongly disagreed with their policy to conduct business with illegal imagrants, and that I was an AMERICAN Disabled Combat Veteran---Produced my VA I.D. and said here is my 2nd picture I.D. I then told the manager " here is my check, cash it for me and bring me my FXXXing money in 100 dollar bills or close both accounts my wife and I have here". At this point I looked like, and was acting like the sterotype VN combat vet. Manager jumped up from behind his desk and went and got me the cash. He further advised that his cashiers and he would from this day foreward only need one piece of ID. I thanked him for his time and left

• HadIt.com Elder

I bank at BOA, but I've never tried using my VA ID. As a matter of fact, I can't think of a time that I've ever had to show an ID there. Not even when making a $30K deposit or withdrawl.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry Carlie I can see why they don't accept the VA Hospital Card. I thought that you were talking about the Federal ID Card. Sorry