Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bank Of America

Rate this question

carlie

Question

One bank I use is Bank of America. I just recently found out, while making a rather large withdrawl (at a different branch than usual),

that Bank of America does not accept a VA Disabled Veteran ID card with your photo on it, as Identification.

The branch manager told me that the cards are too easy to forge. I think this sucks and wonder if other vets have this problem.

carlie

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Rick,

It's the VA photo ID card you use at the VAMC or RO.

I do not bank at BOA. But my bank (US Bank) does not accept the VA photo ID as a stand alone form of ID, either. But I never really considered it to be a "legal" form of ID outside of use at the VAMC and RO.

But BoA doesn't care about "legal," so they are really just being hypochrites at their customers' expense. A Doublestandard: One standard for illegal foreigners and another standard for real Americans.

All because of corporate greed to make more money off everyone.

What true patriotic American businesses they are. :rolleyes:

-- John D.

I do not bank at BOA. But my bank (US Bank) does not accept the VA photo ID as a stand alone form of ID, either. But I never really considered it to be a "legal" form of ID outside of use at the VAMC and usin RO.
Edited by cloudcroft

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, ya know, BofA for years made such a big deal out of the fact that BofA was founded by an Italian immigrant............I just never thought to ask if said Italian immigrant was here LEGALLY................ :rolleyes:

Guest rickb054
I do not bank at BOA. But my bank (US Bank) does not accept the VA photo ID as a stand alone form of ID, either. But I never really considered it to be a "legal" form of ID outside of use at the VAMC and RO.

No not the va card, it seems here in San Antonio the va doesn't accept the cared either, at last not when I present it to them.... go figure... they just say... last 4 please. No I have an actual Civil Service Id card, and an actual Retired Military ID card, along with a my drivers license.