Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Response.....

Rate this question

Sidney56

Question

I sent a request through the Iris system to find out the status of an appeal and receved the following response:

11-7-07

Mr. Mclean:

Thank you for your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Due to the sensitivity/personal nature of the information you are requesting, we are unable to provide a response electronically. Please contact our office at 1-800-827-1000 or by mail at 251 North Main Street, Winston Salem, NC 27155.

Sincerely,

A. Stallworth for

R.S. Burke Jr.

Veteran Service Center Manager

Is this a normal response for this type of inquiry? Every time I call the 800 # I get different answers.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I sent a request through the Iris system to find out the status of an appeal and receved the following response:

Is this a normal response for this type of inquiry? Every time I call the 800 # I get different answers.

william

yea pretty much...don't know what you requesting, however call them and tell them you were instructed to call..you would like the answer to you request..williamn

william

• HadIt.com Elder

Sidney

You need to call them and identify yourself with claim number, DOB, etc. I get the same jazz when I use Iris. They won't tell me anything so I call the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you fill the form out completely the way it is listed on the site?

I have sent a lot of IRIS inquiries and have never received a response like that.

Call them and ask. It may help.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.