Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Members Delete Their Own Posts?

Rate this question

tssnave

Question

Pete (T-bird),

In reply to your post Oct 30th in the "Replying to Service Connection" thread where you stated you thought we had 4 buttons on the right, one of which was a delete button:

The 3 buttons that show on the right of my posts are: edit, multi, reply but no delete. I know I used to be able to delete my posts, which was helpful in the past since I could delete posts I'd made during manic episodes that were pretty much gibberish. I wish we still had the ability to delete posts but I don't see that function on my posts any longer. Perhaps only moderators can delete posts.

Do we have to have a certain number of posts to delete our own posts or is this a moderator only function now? I would like to see this feature turned on again for members, even if it is linked to the number of posts you have made like the edit button is.

Please clarify the delete button function for members.

Thanks,

TS Snave

Edited by tssnave

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• Founder

tsnave is a chief petty officer and shouldn't have any trouble deleting anything. :D

x

x

x

Tbird said, "i have changed the delete function to petty officer 3rd class and above" . . .

You gotta post a few more times to make 3rd class ;-) Rock on!

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Tbird - thanks!!

I have the delete key back. Ah, that all of my mistakes could be so easily taken care of!

Thanks to everyone for the assistance. I appreciate it.

Thanks,

TS Snave

• HadIt.com Elder
Tbird - thanks!!

I have the delete key back. Ah, that all of my mistakes could be so easily taken care of!

Thanks to everyone for the assistance. I appreciate it.

Thanks,

TS Snave

Ts,

Thanks, I have 1,473 posts and I just earned my delete button. How nice.

Josephine