Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Called The Va Today

Rate this question

wjack12412

Question

Yesterday I was told to call back everyday about my claim since it was in adjudication and they will be able to tell me if I was approved for my Unemployabiity so of course I wake up this morning and call and the first lady tells me " your package is at the rating board you should have an answer in abut 60 days". I tell her that I know my claim is in adjudication could she tell me the status? She says, "It's with a Rater". I call back in about 5 minutes to speak with another Rep and was told that my claim has been determined just that it needs to be signed off and to call back next week, because they can give me the status after it's approved. I find it amazing how each rep tells you something different. I hope since they said it needs some authorization it means I was approved for my Unemployability.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Call back Tuesday and ask them to tell you how many signatures the claim needs, Then call your VSO and have them find out.

If it needs more than 1 signature, you should be cautiously overjoyed.

The VSO should get the decision first.

Good Luck and let us know the results.

J

I got a letter in the mail today that said we have received your claim and are working on it. So I called them to find out why I received the letter.

I have two appeals one that started in August 2005 and one that started in Jan 06 so I do not know what claim they have received!!!!

Since they did not know I am assuming that it is one of those form letters they use to prove to congress that they keep the vet informed of his claim while it is in the process hahahahahha. Boy oh boy, I am really informed now. It just worries me that they have taken one of my appeals like the one from 2005, rotated it, wiped off the dust and said hey look ole Ricky has submitted a new claim!!!!! look out EED!!!!!