Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Head Of The Psychiatry " New Opinion"

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The Head of the Psychiatry department is doing the " New Opinion" of the two Psychiatrist C&P.

Something doesn't add up to me.

This is straight from that C&P by the Two quack Psychiatrist??

Mental Status Examination:

The patient was appropriately dressed and casually dressed, white female, who appeared her stated age. Her speech was normal in rate, pattern and flow. Her mood was anxious and affect was appropriate and constricted and congruent to mood. Thought processes were circumstantial. Thought content was without auditory or visual hallucinations, suicidal or homicidal ideation or delusions. cognitive function revealed the patient to the oriented X4. She spelled the word " world" correctly in reverse and recalled two of three objects. She was able to name seven days of the week in reverse order.

How does that sound?

AXIS V: Current Global Assessment of Functioning equals 40

I am still trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together on the C&P by the two Psychiatrist.

Any comments please.

Always appreciate,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The Head of the Psychiatry department is doing the " New Opinion" of the two Psychiatrist C&P.

Something doesn't add up to me.

This is straight from that C&P by the Two quack Psychiatrist??

Mental Status Examination:

The patient was appropriately dressed and casually dressed, white female, who appeared her stated age. Her speech was normal in rate, pattern and flow. Her mood was anxious and affect was appropriate and constricted and congruent to mood. Thought processes were circumstantial. Thought content was without auditory or visual hallucinations, suicidal or homicidal ideation or delusions. cognitive function revealed the patient to the oriented X4. She spelled the word " world" correctly in reverse and recalled two of three objects. She was able to name seven days of the week in reverse order.

How does that sound?

AXIS V: Current Global Assessment of Functioning equals 40

I am still trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together on the C&P by the two Psychiatrist.

Any comments please.

Always appreciate,

Josephine

I am being treated for PTSD presently. I have 45 GAF as of last month. Started out with a 45 and stayed that way. C&P examiner amy have said differnent. Requested the records over a month ago. Evey time I call and see why I haven't received them, they say you should get them next week. I haven't gotten it yet. The VA says in my case 45 GAF = 30%. Anyone know how they arrived at that!! Especially when someone who has been around for awhile and knows the system says in a post 40 GAF = 100%. My appeal should be a slam dunk maybe acccording to that.

Danang_1969

JOSEPHINE, THAT IS REALLY A GOOD GAF PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS WRONG BUT

YOU ARE A FEMALE AND WE ARE NOT RATED THE SAME AS OUR FELLOW MALE SERVICE MEMBERS. IS YOUR SECONDARY FOR DEPRESSION ALSO?

JAN

Danang_1969,

As goofycow said, you can't go by the GAF alone...be careful about taking it out of context.

But looking only at your GAF, a GAF of 40 is really pretty low...it would seem to support a rating of 70% anyway, all else being equal, but don't get your hopes up on getting rated 100% with ONE GAF of 40. Besides, you have some 45s, too, and who knows how many other GAFS (even if only 1-2) to look at here and there in your records because IIRC, you're supposed to get a GAF assigned EVERY TIME you see a mental-health caregiver (M.D. or D.O. shrink, Ph.D., MSW, etc.) so you might have a bunch of them.

Still, IMO your GAF of 40 seems to be WAY too low for a ratng of only 30%.

This is one reason I distrust the accuracy and validity of GAFs in general.

-- John D.

I am being treated for PTSD presently. I have 45 GAF as of last month. Started out with a 45 and stayed that way. C&P examiner amy have said differnent. Requested the records over a month ago. Evey time I call and see why I haven't received them, they say you should get them next week. I haven't gotten it yet. The VA says in my case 45 GAF = 30%. Anyone know how they arrived at that!! Especially when someone who has been around for awhile and knows the system says in a post 40 GAF = 100%. My appeal should be a slam dunk maybe acccording to that.

Danang_1969

Edited by cloudcroft

70% TDIU/P&T

Army - RVN - 1969-70 (10th Cav/4th ID, II Corps RVN)

USCG - Galveston, TX - 1976-78 (USCGC Valiant, WMEC 621)

• HadIt.com Elder
JOSEPHINE, THAT IS REALLY A GOOD GAF PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS WRONG BUT

YOU ARE A FEMALE AND WE ARE NOT RATED THE SAME AS OUR FELLOW MALE SERVICE MEMBERS. IS YOUR SECONDARY FOR DEPRESSION ALSO?

JAN

Jan,

Boy, don't I know this. Yes, depression is coming in second. I sure am glad to have back my link to Chapter 38, for I am making my final presentation to the idiots.

Always,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
Danang_1969,

As goofycow said, you can't go by the GAF alone...be careful about taking it out of context.

But looking only at your GAF, a GAF of 40 is really pretty low...it would seem to support a rating of 70% anyway, all else being equal, but don't get your hopes up on getting rated 100% with ONE GAF of 40. Besides, you have some 45s, too, and who knows how many other GAFS (even if only 1-2) to look at here and there in your records because IIRC, you're supposed to get a GAF assigned EVERY TIME you see a mental-health caregiver (M.D. or D.O. shrink, Ph.D., MSW, etc.) so you might have a bunch of them.

Still, IMO your GAF of 40 seems to be WAY too low for a ratng of only 30%.

This is one reason I distrust the accuracy and validity of GAFs in general.

-- John D.

This is my only GAF. Danang_1969, You really need to do some checking into that 30%.

It doesn't sound right to me.

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

From my experience, if everything else is in place a GAF below 50 usually means total disability. A GAF of between 40 and 50 means severe problems. Most with that kind of GAF can't work. If you don't get 100% you should get IU if unable to work. I had a GAF of 50 and got 70% and IU. It took some work but I got there. My VARO is not generous and I had three IMO's. The IMO is what really did it. The VA just incorporated my IMO right into the rating and SC'ed me for a combination of conditions any one of which would make me IU. I should have been rated 100% to tell you the truth. 30% for a GAF of 40-50 is too low if you are not working. Working is the prime factor in getting high percentage ratings for mental conditions like PTSD.

Da Nang be sure to appeal the 30% so you can keep your effective date when you win the appeal.