Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cnn To Do Expose On

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I also saw this advertised last night and believe they said this will be a two part show this coming Saturday and Sunday night at 8 PM-on CNN-

If anyone can confirm- please do-

email from Jere Berry at ALLVETS

"CNN will be airing a blistering report on the Department of Veterans Affairs and their total failure to meet their commitment to our disabled veterans. I urge everyone to tune-in to see how CNN handles this very sensitive subject. Also, tonight at 8PM on CNN is a Special on Homeless Veterans.

Jere Beery

National Public Relations Director

Operation Firing For Effect

www.offe2008.org "

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Mustang:

When I first started going to the VA there were 27 Million Veterans. Now there are 17 Million. Even an idiot at the VA has to figure out that the numbers are going down. Less numbers would mean that they would have more money for those left but what we have now will see it as an opportunity to cut dollars spent on Veterans.

Pete53

The number of veterans is going down everyday and the government could try to use that as an excuse to cut dollars spent on veterans. One would think that with less veterans there would be more money, but the costs keep going up. Veterans need to become vocal and visible and make the government aware that veterans will not accept any cuts on dollars spent on veterans. This is my opinion. Thanks

68mustang

• In Memoriam

My opinion....Not political....

I have been listening and watching Booyer, since he came into office. He is the disgust of Veterans.

All the newer Hadit members have to do is go back through archives for congressional Veterans hearing; listen to some of this reptiles misinformation and disinformation. You wouldn't believe it unless you listen to it. If you saw the movie "King Rat" you would see similarities between Booyer and the main Star. Booyer's mantra that, Vets and military get the finest treatment in the world of any hospital, was echoed by Senator Craig in the Senate nearly ever day for years.

When congress is asking real questions, Booyer goes of on some tangent praising VSO's for their super-fine work at the disabled Olympics. He will talk about naming a hospital in honor of someone or just about anything except what is really relevant to disabled Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, or Veterans now. He adamantly demands equal time for his supposed defusing disinformation.

I was 100% for these guys, but they beat me down with their constant nonsensical evasion and denial of real Veterans issues over time.

Check it out for your self in the congressional archives. These guys can not escape their own recordings. Warning...It will make you sick.

Buyer

http://veterans.house.gov/hearings/

Craig

http://veterans.senate.gov/public/

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• In Memoriam

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Stretch - thanks for the trailers. Very eye opening. However, with a system that has been the same from day 1 of its life, I doubt we will see any changes in our life time. It is a shame and a disgrace to our guys and gals in uniform. Mansfield could have at least acted pissed off and said up front I assure you I will get to the bottom of this and those responsible will pay. Jez this I don't know - I have not seen the document etc..... was piss poor performance.

• HadIt.com Elder

I plan to Tivo this CNN report but Jesus I don't know if I can watch it. I was so pissed after watching the 1st ad 3rd trailer I doubt that I will be able to sleep. They need to find the sleezeball VA Employee Rater Adjudicator and fire their ass. Imagine the nerve of cutting out their name so no one would know who did it after saying that shrapnel wounds were not service connected.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Buyer was a Captain during desert storm that is true. He was a lawyer during that time and was responsible for making sure the american troops followed the letter of the law when dealing Iraqi Prisoners of War. He also wrote many policies for the Army in this area too.

It is strange while he was chairman of the Veterans Affairs committee he was not very veteran friendly, especially when it came to PTSD issues within the department. He pretty much kept the budget "flat", except when the department came up several billion dollars short...... I think we can remember that !!! It seems whatever the officials within the VA told him he believed when it came to montary policy.

It should be noted now he is a full bird in the reserve component, O6 pay cannot be to bad when you consider his pay in the Congress.......... I believe they make between 130-160 grand depending on their house committee seats and tenure. Abe