Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

War On The Va

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

WOW!!!, I hope this does not happen to me or you. These people really got it broke off in them. If I felt confident before, it is all gone now. Makes me wish I had not watched it, I don't see any real changes coming to affect VA standards right now or in the future. Just a slow drown out death if your able to follow threw, after not working for over 2 years and loosing every thing my family and I have worked so hard for, for years and seeing that CNN special makes me sicker at my stomach. I know I'm not the only one. Did you see those stats with the PTSD claims 3 to 4 times higher than then every war from WWII thur Somalia = Iraqi Freedoms, did I hear that right? I was in 2 theaters of Combat Operations when we complained of PT they handed you 2 or 3 depression meds and sent you on your way I am glad they are taking it serious. Very sad stories made you want to cry for a few of them,it you had a heart at all, there lives are destroyed and never be the same. Money helps but no amount will fix what they have to live with. Reguards RC

sorry had to reedit didn't come out the way I meant it.

Edited by yoggie2

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Has not changed in the past 40 years and will not change in the next 40 years. Mansfield just sured up the mentality of the VA during his interview when he said I don't know what you are talking about - I have not seen the file or words to that effect.

Hell he was not asked had he seen a file - he was asked in a round about way what is wrong with the system buddy and how could this happen!!!! He simply tried the ole it ain't my fault routine by quickly pointing out that he had not seen the file. You don't have to see a file to understand the problems with the VA you just gotta simply open your eyes and listen!

• HadIt.com Elder

The claims on CNN were the most obvious type claims with amputations and burns. If these guys have trouble with their claims imagine someone with a back injury or an internal disease system that is not evident on the outside like PTSD or many others. Imagine you fell off a bunker on black night and hurt your back. 2 years later it starts to really hurt like hell. Unless you noted it in your SMR's the VA is going to consider alternatives to your account of how it happened. What kills me is the way the VSO's circle the wagons when the media is critical of the VA. I read the DAV magazine and most of the letters praise the VA. They are protecting their jobs at the expense of those they are supposed to serve. Those serving in the military are mostly 19 and 20 year olds. How are they supposed to know that they are going to have to prove every injury in years to come?

It's up to us older vets to tell them, whenever we have the opportunity.

-- John D.

The claims on CNN were the most obvious type claims with amputations and burns. If these guys have trouble with their claims imagine someone with a back injury or an internal disease system that is not evident on the outside like PTSD or many others. Imagine you fell off a bunker on black night and hurt your back. 2 years later it starts to really hurt like hell. Unless you noted it in your SMR's the VA is going to consider alternatives to your account of how it happened. What kills me is the way the VSO's circle the wagons when the media is critical of the VA. I read the DAV magazine and most of the letters praise the VA. They are protecting their jobs at the expense of those they are supposed to serve. Those serving in the military are mostly 19 and 20 year olds. How are they supposed to know that they are going to have to prove every injury in years to come?

Yeah, right that VSO was really getting out there getting dirty wish mine from the DAV would be 20% of that hell I'll take 10%. What I think is really bad is everyone will think these VSO's are really like this. RIGHT, my VSO wouldn't run like that unless his own hair was on fire. Claims at an all time high VSO's looking for donations mine are coming here to hadit, I have found out more here than any 2 VSO's if you can get a hold of them. RC

Edited by yoggie2