Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Rating Decision Has Been Made On My Claim

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

Right now, it s with the post determination team.

A special thanks to the Hadit members for their invaluable input.

Happy Thanksgiving

Paul

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Latest reply from IRIS:

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs)11/26/2007 01:15 PM Good Afternoon Mr. Mueller:

Your pending claim is within our Rating board to date. We cannot predict when a decision will be rendered. Please keep the VA with your current address so you will be notified in a timely basis when a decision is rendered. You may call the VA at the below mentioned toll free telephone number if we can be of further assistance to you.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message. If at some future time we can help you on a different subject, you may submit a new inquiry at https://iris.va.gov, call us toll free at 1-800-827-1000, or visit our web site at www.va.gov.

Sincerely,

Susan E Kloc

Veterans Service Center Mngr

AB2WK

I would not seek help from a Congressperson, it does add more time onto the claim and all they can do is ask for a status report, they can not ask that it be closed asap.

I do not know the phone number for the Director of the VA regional office in your area. Maybe Berta will see this post and know the name and number of the Director.

I would not hesitate to call him/her, They may just want to give you a status report.

Tell them no, thank you, that you want action on your claim, not a status report.

Do you have a copy of your claims file?

Paul

Edited by hurryupnwait

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

AB2WK

Buffalo RO-- 2 of my claims have been there almost 5 years-

they finally went to a DRO last month-

but went back to the original 2005 DRO 2 weeks ago and I await their explanation for that via Iris-

Are you represented by NYSDVA? They are the main reason my claims have been there so long-they screwed up-

but still-this is a very slow VARO -

If you sent them wheatever evidence they requested in the VCAA letter you got -probably long ago- then they possibly could make a decision on the secondary conditions in a few weeks- it is hard to say what Buffalo will do-and when they will do it-

Director Buffalo VARO Donna Terrill 1-716-857-3000

1- 716-551-3072 (Fax)

Susan Kloc VSCM 1-716-857-3024

Mike Scheibel AVSCM 1-716-857-3023

(many 716 area codes up here in this part of NY changed to 585-

so if the 716 doesnt work-try thew 585 area code instaed but I think the VA kept the 716 area code)

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I was using the NYDVA but they were giving me the wrong information. When I got my 20% last year the local rep in Jamestown told me that it was all I was going to get and he wouldn't file an appeal. I fired him right there and went to the Chautauqua county DVA. They are from the American Legion and he does a good job. He's the 1st rep that actually does his best to help any way he can. I had a C&P in May at Buffalo with that dr from India. His report got me raised to 40%. Then I had to see a nuerologist and she was great. She read my chart and told me she is giving me every secondary condition I had listed. (foot drop,left leg numb, medication effects and using a cane and ankle brace.) I bet the DRO didn't like that since they have been trying to get rid of me for 5 years and I'm wondering if that's the holdup. Thanks for the Phone numbers Berta, I'll give them a call and see what happens. Thanks for your help Paul and I hope you get paid quickly! John

Yeah-the female Neuro is good- forget her name- it sounds to me as though the C & Ps went very well for you-she gave my hsband a C & P in a hallway-here at Bath VAMC and immediately declared him P & T- for his CVA.

It seems to me sometimes the more evidence a vet has at Buffalo- the longer the claim takes- which would be great if they actually were reading all the evidence-

You will probably get Elaine at the director's office- she should be running the place-she understands the claims process better than the raters- in my opinion.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.