Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trauma Recovery Program

Rate this question

tanker31

Question

Ladies & Gents.,

Looking for FACTUAL comments concerning my recent post about being told my psychiatrist appointment being cancelled, and told appointment made for me instead with the trauma recovery program. I/we can speculate all day long--I want input from those that are familiar with the program, or attended same. Would like to know what would happen if I indicate to those in charge of the program AND my psychiatrist that I do not/will not attend ie... do I have a say in my mental health treatment without jeopardizing my current status/award?

Thanks to all,

Tanker31

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Ladies & Gents.,

Looking for FACTUAL comments concerning my recent post about being told my psychiatrist appointment being cancelled, and told appointment made for me instead with the trauma recovery program. I/we can speculate all day long--I want input from those that are familiar with the program, or attended same. Would like to know what would happen if I indicate to those in charge of the program AND my psychiatrist that I do not/will not attend ie... do I have a say in my mental health treatment without jeopardizing my current status/award?

Thanks to all,

Tanker31

Tanker, I read your post from before and I am sure after reading up on your TRAUMA RECOVERY PROGRAM all this is, is a new way to aproch an old condition, to give some meaning to life. If you read between lines the line the VA amost always has a method to the madness to cut cost and save time. Getting the help one needs is 1/2 the battle, but be caucuses to ever thing they (VA) do. You have a lot of good information. If you are worried about your benefits I very well doubt that the VA can take them over night its a lot harder to get them than take them away. RC

Ladies & Gents.,

Thanks to all,

Tanker31

same happened to me and they will try to re rate you if you do not go.............. you either have to see a shrink a few times a year the rest of your life or else expect to do battle over and over ... i told you in more detail on another of your post..

• HadIt.com Elder

Ladies and Gents, he just wants FACTUAL facts. He doesn't want speculation. He only wants to hear from someone that has gone through EXACTLY what he is going through.

Having helped straightened this out......I'll paddle on, downstream, for I hear the fishin is better down there..... :rolleyes:

Ladies and Gents, he just wants FACTUAL facts. He doesn't want speculation. He only wants to hear from someone that has gone through EXACTLY what he is going through.

Having helped straightened this out......I'll paddle on, downstream, for I hear the fishin is better down there..... :rolleyes:

the way i see it is he wants to know if he does not go to this treatment or any other will it affect his rating ... FACT yes it will ... if you do not take your meds if you do not take the doctors advise you will put your rate at risk ... Becasue i contacted a doctor on my own and did not go thru the VA They tried to re rate me.. if he dont want that program pick another ... i did not go to group i never liked it and told my doctor i would rather have a one on one and i got that in Portland VA for 4 years till i moved i saw the doctor 1 time a month and a nurse one time a month.. what i see in his message is he does not want to go one on one and he does not want to go group.. it does not help him and i understand that .. but big brother is the one who sends the $ so big brother wants us to play by their rules ... right or wrong they still want it their way and they are willing to make your life one big bad day if you dont comply... .... sad to say but remember the saying ... The one with the gold makes the rules...

the way i see it is he wants to know if he does not go to this treatment or any other will it affect his rating ... FACT yes it will ... if you do not take your meds if you do not take the doctors advise you will put your rate at risk ... Becasue i contacted a doctor on my own and did not go thru the VA They tried to re rate me.. if he dont want that program pick another ... i did not go to group i never liked it and told my doctor i would rather have a one on one and i got that in Portland VA for 4 years till i moved i saw the doctor 1 time a month and a nurse one time a month.. what i see in his message is he does not want to go one on one and he does not want to go group.. it does not help him and i understand that .. but big brother is the one who sends the $ so big brother wants us to play by their rules ... right or wrong they still want it their way and they are willing to make your life one big bad day if you dont comply... .... sad to say but remember the saying ... The one with the gold makes the rules...

Iam OK with one on one but do not like group. I did the group thing one time at the psy.'s request ( 8 weeks, 1 day per week, ran by social worker ). I completed it. I can not understand why I was not included in the decision to change treatment. I take my meds as directed and make all appointments including those for mental health. I think my best bet is to see a patient advocate and have them run interference for me. I do not want to come off as aggressive/uncooperative.

Tanker31

• HadIt.com Elder

Tanker, I see your concern. Did you ask behavioral medicine "why" the change? Someone should be able to help explain. Singular appointments are tight everywhere I can imagine, get mine in 2-3 weeks ahead of time usually. Maybe you could write out your concerns to include 'group anxiety' and provide a CC copy to the clinic, as well as patient advocacy or a service officer with a request for feedback (CYA!). Ask around, some volunteers have been able to cue me in as to the whys. My old military days, the folks in the know just came back from smoke breaks, aka, 'todays breifings' or just plain ole gossip. Best to ya, cg

Edited by cowgirl