Ruffcreek

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Ruffcreek,you can go to www.va.gov/and download form 10-5345 (Release of medical records) fill it out and mail it to va medical facilty, where you had c&p or you can go by the va medical center, and go to Release of medical information, and fill out require forms, and get c&p exams medical records then, or they will mail them to you within ten days'

mobie

• HadIt.com Elder

Or you can go to the Medical Facility that performed your C&P's and go to the Records Department and ask for a copy. You can sign the form and get your copies on the spot. Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Ruffcreek,you can go to www.va.gov/and download form 10-5345 (Release of medical records) fill it out and mail it to va medical facilty, where you had c&p or you can go by the va medical center, and go to Release of medical information, and fill out require forms, and get c&p exams medical records then, or they will mail them to you within ten days'

mobie

I followed this path with the form to the ROI at the VAMC, also verified by phone several times that the records office had received my request. It has been 60 days and counting and they still haven't sent the records. They have they are short handed, death in the family, mental records are touché and take longer, the RO had not approved the release yet, etc. If you can go to the records of information office, if you are close enough to drive and you are able. go that route. My problem is I live 120 miles away and am not that mobile 99% of the time to drive there. I took my best route and so far they have let me down.

Danang_1969

• HadIt.com Elder
I followed this path with the form to the ROI at the VAMC, also verified by phone several times that the records office had received my request. It has been 60 days and counting and they still haven't sent the records. They have they are short handed, death in the family, mental records are touché and take longer, the RO had not approved the release yet, etc. If you can go to the records of information office, if you are close enough to drive and you are able. go that route. My problem is I live 120 miles away and am not that mobile 99% of the time to drive there. I took my best route and so far they have let me down.

Danang_1969

Contact the Patient's Advocate at this particular hospital, tell 'em what the problem is. The RO should have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with your medical records. Your medical records should never leave the VAMC that you are "registered" with (what happens if you show up by ambulance and they have shipped your med recs off to the RO?).

Just tell them that you want ALL your medical records since DAY ONE. ALL of THEM, doctors notes, x-ray reports, labs, c&p's, psych, GAF scores, everything.

Otherwise they'll dribble them out to you like the clerk herself is having to pay for the paper!

All they gotta do is type your last four into the computer and hit the "ALL" button, then get off their fat butts and take the med recs outta the printer tray and put them in an envelope with your name and addy on it.....they don't even have to mail it, the mailroom gals will do that for them.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

I always end up going by release of info when I am at A VAMC for some other test or special exam etc... Since it seems like I am there at least every other month I have never had to mail in a request... I may do so for my latest psych C&P just to see how long they take. I am curious.

Bob Smith