Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Dr Called Trhe House

Rate this question

Flatbroke

Question

The doctor that gave me the exam for my back called the house yesterday and told my wife that I need to get my primary to do an ultra sound for plaque in the aeortia.

Did not know they could see that on a back xray.

Just had the stress test (ultra sound) just a couple of months ago would think they would spot it then.

Kind of scared the wife cause they have been checking me to find out why high blood pressure, slow heart rate ( 49 to 56) , shortness of breath, went from 205 up to 260 + in 18 months. Been running tests for two years and still dont have any answers

Glucose scores from 104 to 118 after fasting all nite. Still say I am pre-diabetic. I started asking them to check the glucose starting 5 years ago. Reason I started checeking on type two is when I got an eye exam the doc wanted to know if I was diabetic bedause my glasses change drasticly

Semper Fi

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

That kind of heart condition is very common among those with DMII. A CT scan will pick it up in your legs and elsewhere. If you get SC'ed for DMII the blockages can be secondary. I have SC for DMII and I have some problems with the arteries in my legs. I have been taking zocor for years to get my lipids down.

• HadIt.com Elder

Flatbroke, You need a heart Cath and you do not need to wait. I have said before that the heart tests are not as accurate and many people have these tests and think everything is ok. Get an appt with cardiology asap and if you have any of the following symtoms. get to the ER ASAP. Tightness in the chest, Upset stomach, Problems when having Bowell movement,Chest pressure, right or left arm pain or numbness, Mid Back Pain. For the DMII, have them do a test called an A1c. It measures the actual stickiness of the blood and is a better determining test for DMII.

Good Luck.

Edited by jbasser

The doctor that gave me the exam for my back called the house yesterday and told my wife that I need to get my primary to do an ultra sound for plaque in the aeortia.

Just had the stress test (ultra sound) just a couple of months ago would think they would spot it then.

Kind of scared the wife cause they have been checking me to find out why high blood pressure, slow heart rate ( 49 to 56) , shortness of breath, went from 205 up to 260 + in 18 months. Been running tests for two years and still don't have any answers

Glucose scores from 104 to 118 after fasting all nite. Still say I am pre-diabetic. I started asking them to check the glucose starting 5 years ago. Reason I started checking on type two is when I got an eye exam the doc wanted to know if I was diabetic because my glasses change drastically

Semper Fie

Hi John,

I have the same problem with glucose scores for a couple of years now. Some of daily tests showed was 145 to 175 fasting. The VA uses the AIC test for Type diabetes diagnosis. That AIC test gives an average of the past 3 three months on blood sugar of the person somehow. I had an AC done a couple of years ago and was slightly over the limit and I brought my sugar down with diet and the private doctor stated he wasn't ready to diagnosis me with Type 2 diabetes yet but borderline diabetic which means you don't have a presumptive right.

On the blood pressure side, mine was running 200/118 at times and the bottom number was hard to keep under 95, most of the time it would be bumping 100. I went to a private cardiologist last week. He changed my BP medicine to lisinopril and added 2 more pills, a diuretics and a cholesterol tablet. It took four days to do it, but my blood pressure this morning was 90/60 and has been running under 120/85 all day or under all day. I'll let you know if it keeps on working. I know I feel really drug out more than usual. The dr. said it would take my body a while to adjust after it came down.

On the other issue I also had a private ct scan done on my lungs and heart not long ago. It ct scan revealed COPD and that I had a plaque build up the coronary arteries to my heart, but the sacn does not tell how and is not acurate on much blockage you have. The cardiologist said the only way to know how much buildup is to do a heart cath. I may be forced to have done in future but only as a last resort since suffer with COPD and considered a higher risk for oh no.

I hope this info helps John. You have provided some much needed info and support for me in the past and I want to take this opportunity to say thanks.

One more thing I am on oxygen 24/7 and at times even on oxygen my breathing gets into hospital emergency room condition and I don't know if I am having a panic attacks, heart, lungs, or all three. Sometimes I go to the ER when this happens and there has been times I wait, take a zanax and get over it in a couple of hours. Who knows?

Have a great day and God Bless

Danang_1969

• HadIt.com Elder

Changes in blood pressure can also cause this to occur.

"I got an eye exam the doc wanted to know if I was diabetic bedause my glasses change drasticly"

Kind of scared the wife cause they have been checking me to find out why high blood pressure, slow heart rate ( 49 to 56) , shortness of breath, went from 205 up to 260 + in 18 months. Been running tests for two years and still dont have any answers

Glucose scores from 104 to 118 after fasting all nite. Still say I am pre-diabetic. I started asking them to check the glucose starting 5 years ago. Reason I started checeking on type two is when I got an eye exam the doc wanted to know if I was diabetic bedause my glasses change drasticly

Semper Fi

Changes in blood pressure can also cause this to occur.

"I got an eye exam the doc wanted to know if I was diabetic bedause my glasses change drasticly"

Did not develope hypertension until th elast couple of years. Back then my blood pressure was ok.

I dont think the VA doctors are allowed to call it type 2, or any other condition until it is gone on for too long.

I finally got a doctor to listen to me about my feet, I have been telling my primary and he finally sent me up to get xrays to see if the pain was bone spurs. The xray showd no bone spurs so it was dropped. The C&P doctor wrote down what I was saying about my feet, showed her that I cant bend my toes down more than 5% or so and that hurts.

My brother in law went in to Saint Anthonys in St. Louis last Dec, they lost the stint and punctued his aorita twice and damaged one half his heart. He lasted ten days, so for them to talk about messing with my heart???

Everything stays the same Until it changes.

Semper Fi