Rate this question

Guest Dataman

Question

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You were looking at Vetran, Souse & child. Veteran & Spouse is 2669

No, the pay chart has just been changed today to the the correct amount $2669 for veteran with spouse. Yesterday it showed $2772!

Steve

• HadIt.com Elder

Steve:

Maybe someone at VA is reading Hadit. I saw it the same as Steve said

No, the pay chart has just been changed today
to the the correct amount $2669 for veteran with spouse.
Yesterday it showed $2772!
Steve[/codebox]

Edited by Pete53

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Guest rickb054

We get a 2.3 increase and the cost of food alone has risen to 4.4% in the last two months according to CNN. I don't know how the cost of living raise is figured but one thing is for sure (and it doesn't take a Genus to knowthat ) it is not keeping up with the actual cost of living!

• HadIt.com Elder

Rick:

Every year when we get a Cost of Living I do a review of my expenses and look for something to cut. This new year I am switching internet and phone service and combining cable to effect a savings of about 100 a month from 200 to 100 which makes my COLA approximately5%. We have also made a conscious effort to drive less and save on gas. I also plan to stretch out hair cut from 1 month to two months saving about 120 a year and we have taken in renters my son, wife and daughter in law. They are paying half of our utilities, son is mowing yard and helping out. In return Mrs Pete and I are going to watch our grandson while they work and save up to buy their own home.

In 2009 I may get a big Property Tax Break as the legislature can implement a no tax for 100% plan adopted by voters. Right now many retired home owners are being forced to sell their homes cause they cannot afford the taxes.

Although I gritch about the COLA I am grateful we have something and since 1991 the base has gone up considerably.

Good Luck to all.

• HadIt.com Elder

Nam Vet:

Last November Texas Voters passed Amendment 9 which gives the Texas Legislature the tools it needs to exempt 100% Veterans from Property Taxes on their homestead. Sen John Carona of Dallas is planning to introduce legislation to do that. This Amendment will also allow a larger exemption for partial or less than 100% Veterans.

http://austin.about.com/od/politics/i/2007_prop9.htm

Nam Vet:

Last November Texas Voters passed Amendment 9 which gives the Texas Legislature the tools it needs to exempt 100% Veterans from Property Taxes on their homestead. Sen John Carona of Dallas is planning to introduce legislation to do that. This Amendment will also allow a larger exemption for partial or less than 100% Veterans.

http://austin.about.com/od/politics/i/2007_prop9.htm

Pete53

I also reside in texas and was told by my county that this proposition 9 for tax exemption will not take effect until 2009.