Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Picket Sign Ready

Rate this question

rthomass

Question

Friday I plan to start a one Veteran Thailand picket of the VARO, Louisville, Kentucky. Any Veteran wanting to join me just e-mail me at rthomass@insightbb.com, or just come on down. " Picket sign professionally done by a local sign shop to read " VA UNFAIR TO VIETNAM ERA THAILAND VETERANS". This agent orange debacle has got to end. I know I am only one Veteran but damn I have done everything I know how to do. I have sent letters to every member of Congress; Proposed a BILL that would approve every Veterans AO claim that served in Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia. I have an AO claim that has been all the way fron the VARO to the CAVC to the AMC and now back to the VARO....Three years and many to go I am sure. You cannot reason with the VA entity, they are impervious to reason and frankly I think they are mostly ignorant all of the suffering Veterans are going through. Then again they get a lot of help from our Government and our judicial system. These bureaucrats are just like roaches; turn on the kitchen lights and they run from the bright light. Let us all stop talking and do overt demonstrations in front of the VARO's and VAMC's. Hope the TV reporters show up.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"Hope the TV reporters show up." -- rthomass

rthomass,

I suspect they certainly will...if you stay there long enough for them to find out about your "event"...or CALL THEM and say you will be picketing the VA and why.

I admire you for the bold action you are taking.

Good results to you,

-- John D.

Edited by cloudcroft

70% TDIU/P&T

Army - RVN - 1969-70 (10th Cav/4th ID, II Corps RVN)

USCG - Galveston, TX - 1976-78 (USCGC Valiant, WMEC 621)

• HadIt.com Elder

If I was anywhere close I would join you.Best of luck.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Some Thailand vets have won their claims-

one of our members here Kurt Preissman-has collected a lot of data on AO and Thailand-

The claims that succeeded (at the BVA)had considerable details and eye witness accounts that the veteran was exposed to AO.

I sure understand your frustration-

the facts are out there that AO was used in Thailand but the DOD will not confirm that-

if DOD ever does- those claims involving presumptive AO disability -will have to succeed.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.