Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Advice Request

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

How does a IMO describe years of 'unemployability' due to mdd? My thoughts go something like this...

" In my determination, this patient xxxxx is currently diagnosed with xxxxx. .....a VA rated condition of ....that permanently affects ,,,,, ability in getting and maintaining a job in their skill field that provides constant pay, above poverty level.The patient has been diagnosed with ------- since 19__ and continues to see me for this condition"

Any other thoughts? thanks.cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It would be good to get an IMO that said it a little differently Cowgirl-'the veteran, due to her service connected disability, is unable to attain and maintain substantial and gainful employment.'Then they would give their medical rationale for that- the meds you need for SC have side affects prohibiting employment, your work history shows considerable time off for SC illness, employers statements show disability related problems with co-workers or work out put-stuff like that-It would be good too if an IMO doc can state there was continuity of symptoms and treatment during the period of unemployability consistent with the sc disability.It would be good to get an IMO that said it a little differently Cowgirl-'the veteran, due to her service connected disability, is unable to attain and maintain substantial and gainful employment.'Then they would give their medical rationale for that- the meds you need for SC have side affects prohibiting employment, your work history shows considerable time off for SC illness, employers statements show disability related problems with co-workers or work out put-stuff like that-It would be good too if an IMO doc can state there was continuity of symptoms and treatment during the period of unemployability consistent with the sc disability.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay, thanks Berta, need a cup of coffee? or did ice get on the line? Great to see the response twice! I get the whole concept much better now that you put it this way. Bless you! cg'up!

It would be good to get an IMO that said it a little differently Cowgirl-'the veteran, due to her service connected disability, is unable to attain and maintain substantial and gainful employment.'Then they would give their medical rationale for that- the meds you need for SC have side affects prohibiting employment, your work history shows considerable time off for SC illness, employers statements show disability related problems with co-workers or work out put-stuff like that-It would be good too if an IMO doc can state there was continuity of symptoms and treatment during the period of unemployability consistent with the sc disability.It would be good to get an IMO that said it a little differently Cowgirl-'the veteran, due to her service connected disability, is unable to attain and maintain substantial and gainful employment.'Then they would give their medical rationale for that- the meds you need for SC have side affects prohibiting employment, your work history shows considerable time off for SC illness, employers statements show disability related problems with co-workers or work out put-stuff like that-It would be good too if an IMO doc can state there was continuity of symptoms and treatment during the period of unemployability consistent with the sc disability.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

• Chief Petty Officers

Berta, you forgot about the more likely than not line. An IMO doctor would put ( more likely than not faster ) than a definite answer. This is also what they like to see on things. This way it is not disputed easily.

The patient X had X worng with her and it more likely than not - caused everything that you need it to say.

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS VETERANS SITE SINCE THE BEGINNING AROUND 1997, This site has had many changes. All of the changes have been for the good of the site. T-Bird does her best to keep Veterans informed. This is the best Veterans Discussion Board on the Internet. I wish I was able to be on here as much as I used to be. The amount of post that it shows that I have made does not go back to when the site started. T-Bird had no idea that this site would ever get as big as it has grown. She is a big inspiration for a lot of Veterans. If it were not for this site, a lot of Veterans would not have ever had their claims won..QUOTEHelp a Veteran any time that you can. They need to be informed of the claims process...

E-mail.. dean@help-a-veteran.com

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

How much proof do I need on a claim?

VA law requires "as likely as not." Doctors are used to stating opinions to a medical certainty. That is a much higher burden of proof. Show your doctor the following chart. It may help.

continunum of causation-- burdens of proof

standard ---------- how much --------- context

as likely as not ---------at least 50% ------- verteran claims

more likely as not---------- more than 50%-----civil trials

clear and convincing------ about 75% ----civil juvenile court

to a medical certainty===about 80%------ court doctor opinion

beyond a reasonable doubt----- about 90%----criminal trials

beyond a shadow of a doubt-----100%------ignorant doctors

How do I give an opinion for nexus (relationship to a military incident?

When asked to give an opinion as to whether a condition is related to a specific incident during military service, the opinion should be expressed as follows:

1. “is due to” (100% sure)

2. “more likely than not” (greater than 50%)

3. “at least as likely as not” (equal to or greater than 50%)

4. “not at least as likely as not” (less than 50%)

5. “is not due to” (0%)"

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Wings; glad you got me covered once again and always humble here at Hadit. cg!

x

x

x

How much proof do I need on a claim?

VA law requires "as likely as not." Doctors are used to stating opinions to a medical certainty. That is a much higher burden of proof. Show your doctor the following chart. It may help.

continunum of causation-- burdens of proof

standard ---------- how much --------- context

as likely as not ---------at least 50% ------- verteran claims

more likely as not---------- more than 50%-----civil trials

clear and convincing------ about 75% ----civil juvenile court

to a medical certainty===about 80%------ court doctor opinion

beyond a reasonable doubt----- about 90%----criminal trials

beyond a shadow of a doubt-----100%------ignorant doctors

How do I give an opinion for nexus (relationship to a military incident?

When asked to give an opinion as to whether a condition is related to a specific incident during military service, the opinion should be expressed as follows:

1. "is due to" (100% sure)

2. "more likely than not" (greater than 50%)

3. "at least as likely as not" (equal to or greater than 50%)

4. "not at least as likely as not" (less than 50%)

5. "is not due to" (0%)"

• HadIt.com Elder

A least as likely as not will work for the VA raters. The 50 percent puts the claim in Equipose and the Benefit of the doubt rule should Kick in. As long as there is no negative evidence.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.