Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No C & P Reports

Rate this question

mymissie

Question

Went with a Vet to VAMC in Alex,La. today. He went to release of information,filled out form for Copy of the 3- C & P exams that he took in Nov,07.

The Clerk looked on the Computer,then came to the window an asked the Vet where and who had given him the C 7 O?

He told him that it was Contract Doctors1!

Clerk told him, Sir,these reports are Not sent back Here, but instead go directly to Gretna,La. WE CAN NOT GET A COPY OF IT AT ALL,He stated. He then addressed an envelope,an told the Vet to Mail request to Gretna.

So Vets are left with out a copy of Their C & P - Unless Gretna,La. decides to sent a copy -before He gets his Disision!

Edited by mymissie

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Strange answer-- My VAMC gets copies of the contract Dr's forms, etc. The Dr is located in a Veterans Clinic in a different city. It sounds like the Vet needs to go back to the facility where he received the C&P, and see what they have to say. How does the contract Dr. get paid for the C&P if the VAMC doesn't get the results?

Went with a Vet to VAMC in Alex,La. today. He went to release of information,filled out form for Copy of the 3- C & P exams that he took in Nov,07.

The Clerk looked on the Computer,then came to the window an asked the Vet where and who had given him the C 7 O?

He told him that it was Contract Doctors1!

Clerk told him, Sir,these reports are Not sent back Here, but instead go directly to Gretna,La. WE CAN NOT GET A COPY OF IT AT ALL,He stated. He then addressed an envelope,an told the Vet to Mail request to Gretna.

So Vets are left with out a copy of Their C & P - Unless Gretna,La. decides to sent a copy -before He gets his Disision!

• HadIt.com Elder

I suppose that Gretna La is the VARO and that is where it is. He could request a copy of it from the VARO or probably better drive there and ask for it. Or call 800 827 1000 and ask how to get it.

I guess the Contract People are not even going through C&P at the Hospital?

• HadIt.com Elder

Naturally it will delay claims! (Stock VA answer by the way!) On the other hand it may disclose information (or the lack of)that is needed to win the claim, or provide the basis for other actions.

If a FOIA request was previously made, and not responded to properly by the VA, that is also cause for action. (Squeeky wheel and all that.)

Pete53

We called Gretna(New Orleans) and was told that all C&P reports now go directly to them.Was told Can request copy of C&P,but it WILL delay Claims!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

How will that delay claims? They pull it up on the computer, print a copy and mail it to you. It's not like they have to track down your C-file, pull it out of line to make the copy, then start you over at the end of the line.

Your best bet is to drive to Gretna. Go to the ROI/FOIA office and ask them for a copy of it. I went to my VAMC and got a copy of my C&P about a week after then exam and it was done exactly as I described above. This was about 2 weeks ago.

Cood luck.