Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Review Officer

Rate this question

Tower_Rat

Question

Well, I turned in the files to the review officer. I'm hoping they go over it all rather quickly, its not that great in length and it would be nice to have an answer soon. Anyone know about how long on the average it takes a review officer to eyeball your claim and then make a decision or a statement of case?

Thanks in advance

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I waited 10 mos. Then I wrote a statement in support of claim withdrawing my NOD and asking for a reconsideration based on the new evidence I submitted 9 mos. prior. I had a favorable decision within 60 days of withdrawing my NOD. I also retained my EED.

• HadIt.com Elder

I got my answer in 4 days from DRO. Of course my so called DRO was the guy I was saying made a CUE.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

The VA is going to pretend they actually considered your HB when you got 100%. I have the same sort of problem with my inferred IU claim. They are going to pretend it was not relevant or they did, indeed, consider it and rejected it.

• HadIt.com Elder

>Anyone know about how long on the average it takes a review officer to eyeball your claim and then make a decision or a statement of case?

Back in Feb 2005, the AMC issued a SOC for multiple sclerosis without granting any weight to Dr Bash's IMO's or service records. In June 2006, the BVA stated the raters were in violation of procedural law of properly considering evidence in the last three SOC's.

Soon, my claim will be three years of bonus justification for AMC raters.

Edited by allan

• HadIt.com Elder
Pete

The VA is going to pretend they actually considered your HB when you got 100%. I have the same sort of problem with my inferred IU claim. They are going to pretend it was not relevant or they did, indeed, consider it and rejected it.

To bad the dumb ass RO did not write on his SOC Decision that HB was considered. Or maybe that is good for me. I am a believer that if the VA failed to mention it than it could or should be CUE.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.