Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ime By Independent Psychiatrist

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I know for an Independent Medical Opinion by another Psychiatrist, I must give him my service medical records to read and my post medical treatment records.

My question, does he have to have the two C&P by the VA to pass judgement on.

If it is his opinion, why would he need theirs'?

This is what is scaring them all away.

Thanks,

Betty

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Look at the meds that were prescribed while Betty was in Service. The Medications actually tell the story.

Betty

I also agree with Pete53, could you make a chronological list of medications you have been prescribed from the time in service to now.

This could help prove your claim.

Happy Trails

Paul

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• HadIt.com Elder

If this doctor says he cannot state with any certainty that your anxiety began in service I would not use that letter as evidence. It will come back at you as ammuntion the VA will be using against you. They willl use that letter to bolster their contention you anxiety is not related to your service. I think if you have evidence that you were given anti-anxiety meds in service this is your best bet. Too bad these clowns did not give you a diagnosis in service as well. Probably because they had the PD unsuitability discharge up their sleeves all the time.

You could make the argument that if you did not have anxiety then why were they presribing anti-anxiety drugs to you? PD's don't have anxiety according to what the shrinks say. They believe the world is wrong and not them. That is why they get in trouble.

• HadIt.com Elder
Betty

I also agree with Pete53, could you make a chronological list of medications you have been prescribed from the time in service to now.

This could help prove your claim.

Happy Trails

Paul

I heard back from Dr. Crowley. 6-10 hour at 450.00 an hour. If the board thinks I need this to prove the xxxxxx wrong, I will do it.

Always,

Betty

Since you have a denial from the AMC, at what point can you hire a lawyer?

We are talking about 43 years of possible retro, which is a big investment.

Lawyers and doctors are big investments, but one must spend money to make money.

The personal exam by Dr. Bash was a big investment for me and I think in the end it swayed the benefit of the doubt in my favor. I did get service connected at 10%, a low ball figure, but the SC hurdle is over. Still waiting for the decision letter tho.

I think, doctors do not like making judgments on other doctors opinions or exams.

I would make a chronological list of prescriptions that have been prescribed from in service to now. Keep it simple. Maybe just the medication, doctor and year(s).

Then make a list of three of the best credentialed practicing doctors I could find and start calling them. If they seem interested, fax them the prescription list and any other docs they need.

Lastly, ask them to use the VA mental disorder guideline and make a nexus statement.

You have a lot on your mind right now.

Hope this helps

Happy Trails

Paul

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• HadIt.com Elder
Since you have a denial from the AMC, at what point can you hire a lawyer?

We are talking about 43 years of possible retro, which is a big investment.

Lawyers and doctors are big investments, but one must spend money to make money.

The personal exam by Dr. Bash was a big investment for me and I think in the end it swayed the benefit of the doubt in my favor. I did get service connected at 10%, a low ball figure, but the SC hurdle is over. Still waiting for the decision letter tho.

I think, doctors do not like making judgments on other doctors opinions or exams.

I would make a chronological list of prescriptions that have been prescribed from in service to now. Keep it simple. Maybe just the medication, doctor and year(s).

Then make a list of three of the best credentialed practicing doctors I could find and start calling them. If they seem interested, fax them the prescription list and any other docs they need.

Lastly, ask them to use the VA mental disorder guideline and make a nexus statement.

You have a lot on your mind right now.

Hope this helps

Happy Trails

Paul

Paul,

I know that your airline ticket from California to D.C and the face to face examination with Dr. Bash did not come cheap.

If I am going to be getting this doctors medical opinion of me and my service records and post medical records.

I do not see the need to provide him with the postive and negative C&P examination, as each of these doctors .

I want his opinion, only, not muddy his mind with why one felt my anxiety began in service and one stating a Personality Disorder.

I don't mind the retainer of 2700.00 and the possible other 1300.00.

I mind fogging his mind with the non-sense of those two quacks.

Do I have to include those C&P's?

Thanks,

Betty

Edited by Josephine

john999 wrote: "You could make the argument that if you did not have anxiety then why were they presribing anti-anxiety drugs to you?"

That is a good thought...but!... always a but...keep in mind depending on the drug the VA could turn it around and say drug xyz was used to control headaches (just an example). For example I take zantac one first would think I have gerds (which I don't) but in my case.. zantac is also a beta blocker and I use it to give my allergy medicine a boost.

So before you list an argument "why were they presribing" make sure you research the drug to make sure that it is not prescribed for other conditions other then anxiety or nervous system conditions. Just a thought.

MT