Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Full Grant ?

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

I called for a status on my claim, it was rated Nov 19th 2007 and now I m told that it was sent to the regional office for the post determination work.

It sat idle at the AMC for almost two months.

The 800 # answerer told me that it was a full grant. Does that simply mean that I have finally been service connected or does it mean they granted everything I requested. Through my SO contact in Washington DC, I was told that I was service connected at 10%, a low ball figure, with a effective date of Nov 2001. I asked for a much earlier effective date.

Paul

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I called for a status on my claim, it was rated Nov 19th 2007 and now I m told that it was sent to the regional office for the post determination work.

It sat idle at the AMC for almost two months.

The 800 # answerer told me that it was a full grant. Does that simply mean that I have finally been service connected or does it mean they granted everything I requested. Through my SO contact in Washington DC, I was told that I was service connected at 10%, a low ball figure, with a effective date of Nov 2001. I asked for a much earlier effective date.

Paul

Paul,

I certainly am glad they have decided to make a move with your claim, sure don't know the answers to your question, but wanted to post a congratulations to you anyways!

Always,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

It may not be everything you asked for but it is everything the VA believes you are entitled to under the regs. What exactly did you ask for in your claim? The VA is supposed to consider the maximun possible grant when making any decision. You probably will have to see the letter to really know. The VA fudges and cheats on the effective date.

• HadIt.com Elder

To me full grant would mean 100% but nothing you can do except wait for the envelop or ask your SO to see what they can find out.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.