Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Loss

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I just got the copy of my complete c-file and health records from the RO. In it was my request for hearing loss from 1983 it also had my one sentence denial letter. After reviewing my health records they appear to show that I infact did have some hearing loss start while I was in service but the statement "satisfactory for VA purposes" anyone ever heard of that? Also I am now having a very hard time hearing or should I say understanding even with my aids. I was wondering if I should take these records in and have my VA audiologist that I have now go over them and see what they say? I would really like to reopen this claim because I do believe that this really started while i was in service.

Thanks for all your replys, Stillhere

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have tried twice for Tinnitus and turned down. I might try again so I can get the disability waiver on life insurance as the VA now has given me a hearing aid.

Absolutely re-open the claim-

Tell them in the claim exactly what your MOS entailed and how it brought you into close range for loud acoustics due to jet engines, turrets,M16 training ranges,boilers rooms, or combat -if it applies to you- and make sure that if the mil did not provide you with protective hearing devices-you tell them that too.

PS

"After reviewing my health records they appear to show that I infact did have some hearing loss start while I was in service but the statement "satisfactory for VA purposes" anyone ever heard of that-"

??? do you have the exact way they worded this?

It loks like they should have sced you then but didnt. ???

I just got the copy of my complete c-file and health records from the RO. In it was my request for hearing loss from 1983 it also had my one sentence denial letter. After reviewing my health records they appear to show that I infact did have some hearing loss start while I was in service but the statement "satisfactory for VA purposes" anyone ever heard of that? Also I am now having a very hard time hearing or should I say understanding even with my aids. I was wondering if I should take these records in and have my VA audiologist that I have now go over them and see what they say? I would really like to reopen this claim because I do believe that this really started while i was in service.

Thanks for all your replys, Stillhere

VA rates hearing loss in a screwy manner! it has to meet a specific level before VA considers it disabling. Also tinnitus shows up as a notch in hearing, like; -10 -20 -20 -40 -20 as measured in five frequencies. the notch also affects speech recognition. My hearing aids stink!!!

Arch