Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qtc Management C&p

Rate this question

fogcloud

Question

I just received a letter and quesionnaire from QTC Management telling me to report on Jan 28th for a hearing loss C&P. I have some questions that I hope you can help me with.

1. Does anyone have any experience or exposure to QTC Management as a contractor for VA C&P exams?

2. On the front page of the questionnaire, it has all of my pertinent info such as name, claim number, claim type and Med Records etc. Under Med Records it says NO. I had a civilian MD whose specialty is ENT examine and consult with me in May, 2007. It was his diagnosis that I had sensorineural hearing loss of combined types (389.18). He said I need hearing aids and he wrote a letter stating that my "hearing loss is as likely as not from military noise exposure". I immediately sent his letter and the audiogram (which was not the MARYLAND or whatever the VA requires as the only test that means anything) to my VARO via certified Mail. VARO acknowledged receipt. Am I wrong to think that the examiner must have my smr's or C-File available at the time of the examination and also is required to read it before the examination?

3. If the examiner does not have these records and has not read my C-file, do I have any chance of filing a CUE if things do not go my way?

Thanks, fog

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have had 3 C&P exams with QTC. The first 2 were excellent and the DR. took his time and the outcome was posative for me. THe 3rd one the Dr. took 5 mins and the outcome was negative for me. I was able to reverse what she tried to do but it took 7 months to reverse it. I have also had 2 C&P's done with 2 different Dr's that QTC contracted with and they were both fine. Most of the time I have found that the VA doesn't send the records to QTC for the exams. They want the Dr. to provide an opinion. Some provide it and others say thay can not provide one with out resorting to speculation. I am currently awaiting a DRO review from the last C&P. The Dr. did what VA asked and then VA overlooked parts of that Dr's report and denied me an increase to 40% when I clearly had met the criteria. You Civ Dr should have used the words "More likely than not" which will tip the benefit of the doubt in your favor. If the C&P examiners had all the records and items in the c-file to look at then their findings would almost certainly be in the veterans favor. I think that is why VA doesn't send this info to them. Dale Jr 8

• HadIt.com Elder

1. I have no personal experience with them, but I have read on hadit both good and bad things. It seems there are more bad experiences than good, though.

2. The examiner is not required to have your C-file.

3. It is not a CUE if the examiner doesn't have your C-file during the C&P, because there is not a reg requiring them to have it.

Hope this helps...

90%, TDIU P&T

Have had only one QTC exam and it was bad. BUT!!!! That was a PTSD exam and they can be very subjective. Have seen here and on other Vet sites that physical exams are about the same as one might expect from VA Drs.

Good luck.

jaz

• HadIt.com Elder

John, good advice. Question; does the CPE "have" to take the doctors report? Just curious. thanks. cg

Bring a copy of your doctor's report with you and give it to the QTC guy. They can't say they did not get it.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

Thanks so much to all who responded, especially the advice of John999. I will take my civilian test results and letter to the QTC guy. .Here is where my anxiety pops-up:

In the letter from QTC, they list questions with answers. For example:

Question: Should I Bring My Medical Records?

Answer: “No. Please do not bring your medical records. The doctor will only review records the VA has already provided. If you have additional records related to your claim, please submit them directly to the VA.”

Also, after doing a search at hadit.com about claim files being present during the exam, I have seen various answers. Most say that the c-file should be present and must have been read. No c-file was provided to QTC. Even in the book “The Veterans Survival Guide” by John D. Rhode he says “Failure to review your file is a violation of not only of Physician’s Guide but also of federal law” Is this not correct?