Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My C-file Is With Dro Right Now?

Rate this question

Will

Question

my claim/NOD for IU is with DRO right now according to a response I got back from Iris and they said it should be done shortly. In VA terms for shortly how long is this usually, months or years LOL???

Will

100% S/C TDIU P&T

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Will,

Here in NC shortly means a few weeks. I always quantify VA wait time by looking at how long my SSDI took. It took me 33 months to get SSDI. ALL 3 of my VA claims took less than 8 months from start to finish. I currently have an appeal with a DRO in for IU and a couple of low % they gave me. My case is weird. I got SSDI based on only 2 of my SC conditions. I didn't get it awarded on any NSC stuff. The RO denied IU. I think that I just got an inexperienced rater. It is far harder to win an SSDI claim than it is too get VA disability. Good Luck to you. DJ 8 :unsure:

Will,

It is far harder to win an SSDI claim than it is too get VA disability. Good Luck to you. DJ 8 :unsure:

I have to disagree with you on this. I'm still trying to prove my claim with the VA since 1974, but was awarded SSDI first time out and only took a couple of months. So did a VA NSC pension I had awarded at 80% with TDIU. Of course the NSC went bie, bie since my SSDI award was for more money and so did my pass on co=pays for meds. Now I pay about $120.00 in co-pays per month. I think the co-pay is up to $8.00 per perscription, per month now, so 15 different perscriptions times $8.00 equals $120.00. It would be 16 perscriptions, but I can buy the baby asperin they want me to take, over the counter, for a lot less than the $8.00 they would charge me, if I got them thru the VA pharmacy.

Anyway, I hope shortly only means a couple of months, but on my last claim, shortly was about 8 months. It differs from VARO to the next and raters also. Depends on the issues in the claim and how complex they might be too. But then again, even simple ones can take just as long as much more complex ones. Just don't try holding your breath. You would do more than just turn blue in the face. You would do just what they hope you would do, die before the award you anything.

It's late and I better take my meds and go to bed before I get worked up any more than I am now. sorry for the rant. Can't help myself at times.

Rockhound ;)

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

33 months is unbelievable..I been waitin 36 months and my lawyer says...don't call me..I'LL call you..in about 2 more years.

Waiting on the Judge or whatever they call it. I had to file for it cause I'm disability retired from civil service. I can work at a minimum wage job part time...so...SSA says no go.

On the other hand..VA stipulates that can you or can you not work in a substantially gainful job..as far as IU goes...I got an appeal goin on presently..the C&P examiner put in his report..he can no longer function in his occupation. He

Please disregard that last post..I caught myself rambling..I'm goin to sleep...maybe..I have a sleep disorder..but dang..I don't even wanna list how many prescription drugs I took today...the cocktail effect is killin me!

Christopher,

I was just reviewing my Admin. Law Judge's (ALJ) decision and in it it states that I can not work in a substantial gainful activity. It also goes on to say that my impairments cause significant impairment on my ability to perform basic work activities. I can not perform any past relevant work, and my job skills do not transfer to other occupations within the functional capacity that I have. The judge also had a vocational expert via satellite link report that there were no jobs for me in the national economy. The whole key to getting SSDI is to not even work the part time job. I might have been able to work a couple hours a day but that would not have provided much for my family. I think what the C&P doc put in the report will help you immensly with VA but not so much with Soc. Sec. The Law Judge made it a point to tell me that what ever VA has awarded me doesn't have any impact on the Soc. Sec. He did use all the VA doctor reports that I had in making his decision. If I can help you let me know. Good Luck DJ8 :unsure: