Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Hearing Loss/tinnitus Received At Varo

Rate this question

fogcloud

Question

I just called the VA @ 1.800.827.1000 to check on my claim for hearing loss and tinnitus. I was told that the results have been entered and that my records have been sent to the VA hospital. Does anyone know what this means? I sent them a statement from my civilian ENT Doctor with test results showing my nexus and a statement saying the hearing loss and tinnitus was "as likely as not related to military noise". In January they sent me for a C&P and the examiner said that it is obvious that these were service connected. The examiner also said that she would recommend a minimum of 20% for sc'd hearing loss as well as sc for tinnitus. I hope that someone can tell me what it means that my records have been forwarded to the VA Hospital?

Fog

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Tha VAMC's are notorious for losing c-files. They are notorious for having them just lay around for months. They are notorious for fowarding the C-file to the wrong RO when all exams are completed.

It may not make you feel better, but this might:

The RO can look in the system and see your exam. In fact they print the exams out at the RO to put in your C-file. They also have personnel who do follow-ups on a weekly basis for files that are past due. If I looked in the system and see that all exams are completed then I send out a fax, an email, and make a phone call about the file. Of course, that was back when I worked on the Triage team.

I wish I didn't sound so gloomy, but the VBA (Veterans Benefits Administration) and the VHA (Veterans Health Administration) are completely different. They work together, but not so great sometimes.