Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sorry This May Be A Stupid Question

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

When i go tuesday to my primary care doctor he is going to exam a mri i had at discharge 2001 to the one i am getting monday to see if my back is worse. When he does his IMO is there certain words that could be harmful to me you know how the va turns words around. Just so i can give him a heads up. thank you all for helping me through this hard time

"If you want peace, prepare for war"

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I assume this is a non-VA doctor you are going to see.

I would just make sure he doesn't put anything at all in the wording that might elude that you somehow cause the worsening yourself.

I have seen situations in the past where the wording could be construed to say that the vet worsened his condition by continuing to work or excersing or ect.

Anything liek that will be pure ammunition for the VA to use against you.

Other than that im sure some other people on here with more experience might have a few other suggestions.

Good luck!

Donewsome

kryptos,

You might want to check out & print parts of 38 CFR - Part 4 - Schedule for Rating

Disabilities, (the medical criteria that relates to your request for increase) and take

it to the doc with you. You can also compare the new medical evidence in relation

to your currently SC'd disability percentage, to see if the newest medical evidence

falls in line with the higher percentage.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-...fr4_main_02.tpl

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Kryptos. When comparing the exams, look for wording like mild, moderate, severe. That is key. If the old MRI states a mild problem and the nerew one states moderate or severe, Then that proves a condition may have worsened. Unchanged, or unremarkable means same.

The comparison will be on the actual reports that were read by the Radiologist. You should get a copy before you go to the exam.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is not a dumb question. You are going to have your primary Doc comment on a 2001 MRI and a current one. Man that is putting all your eggs in one basket but if you fell that your Primary Doc will be objective I would go for it.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.