Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lawyer For Veterans

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.veteransdisabilitylawyersite.com/

He is putting link to hadit at his site and wanted you all to know that MANY lawyers are taking the courses in order to represent any vet or widow with NOD filed after June 21,2007.

The NOVA atorney list has tripled he thinks- and I feel it is even higher than that-

Karl is easy to talk to- and can be reached by email at his site or by phone- 1-877-527-5529.

I am sending him my CUE claims.

He confirmed scuttlebutt I have heard -that ROs are handling lawyer on POA claims by their best RO employees-

they cant get away with anything with a lawyer that they can pull on us or on our vet reps if a lawyer is handling the claim.

These lawyers get paid from the retro but the retro might never come in the mailbox without an attorney's help these days-

just like an IMO-this is an investment into your claim.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Berta,

Right now I think the only way I'm going to get what I'm entitled to is through a lawyer. They won't get intimidated like a service officer would. It truly sickens me when a govt agency makes a mockery of the laws of this country. I hope someday some of these idiots spend some time in jail. Thanks for posting this.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

Karl has my CUE. He does sound like a decent guy. He sounded aggressive also so that gives me hope. What made you decide to go with Karl? I got his name from Jim Strictland of VAwatchdog. When it came to making a pleading to the BVA on my CUE I believe I needed help from a professional.

John King

. "What made you decide to go with Karl? I got his name from Jim Strictland of VAwatchdog."

John- I have been so busy since sending my last response to VA on my CUEs (and I satisfied the sole reason they denied the CUEs on)that I just didnt get to do this until Saturday-

I googled attorneys for veterans or something like that-disabled vets lawyers ? and his name popped up with others.I made an email template briefly describing the CUEs and my evidence that I could send to any of them , sent 3 out, and 2 came back-as undeliverable-from the same law firm ?

Yesterday Karl called me as he did get my email.

So I didnt send my template out to anyone else-

At first he thought I had FTCA claim bases too and recommended a woman in CA.

When I mentioned I already won FTCA but I knew Jeanne Stephens- he

realised I had been around a long time-(she is a great FTCA vets lawyer)

We briefly talked about my CUEs and spent lots of time talking about other VA claims stuff-

I was quite satisfied that he knew what he was doing-

He was a SSA disability lawyer who took the VA training in order to handle claims that fell under the June 21, 2007 regs.

I asked him to think about appearing on my SVR show but he suggested Jim Strickland would be better at that-

(by the way Jims mailbox for Feb has one of the funniest emails from I vet I ever saw-thank God we all seem to keep our sense of humor when dealing with the VA)

When I filed a Writ EXtraordinaire years ago- I heard from plenty of laywers and asked each one for the dockets of claims they won and claims they lost at the CAVC.

It pays to check out lawyers too-and although Karl is new to this all-

I felt very good about this guy.

Edited by Berta

John- Karl also gave me two referrals to 2 NYS lawyers who could possibly handle my state cause of action case against NYSDVA (my former POAS)

My personal lawyer discussed this case with me- but he is mainly Wills, estates and trusts and has not taken the VA courses yet-and I dont feel he could handle this type of case-

Lawyers can often help us wth referrals- too on matters different from VA claims-

and if a lawyer handling a VA claim saw any evidence of potential VA malpractice within the documentation-they surely would either want to handle that type of claim too or definitely make a referral to a malpractice attorney.

Guest terrysturgis

I lost a friend to cancer two years ago. He died from a cancer that is not on the presumptive list for AO. From hanging out here I told his wife to get in touch with Bob Walsh as we live about 30 miles from Battle Creek where he has his office. He is a very busy man and has plenty of work to do, therefore not taking on new clients.

Here's where the story gets cool. When Bob served in Viet Nam 101st Airborne he served with her husband and knew him well. Not only is he a great VA benifits Attorney, it's personal. Terry Sturgis