Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Where To Go For Complaints?

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I just would like to ask where to go for complaints. In July 2007, I was sent an IRIS email promising that my claim was at the rating board, and "could expect a decision in 4 to 6 weeks". Well, 8 months later and still no decision.

Not only did they break their promise (I have documents to prove what I am saying) to me, but the RO in Cleveland perjured themselves to the court (CAVC), when they stated I had no contact with the RO for 2 years, when I have an IRIS email documenting that I did, in fact, have contact with the RO during the alleged blackout period.

Does anyone know of a good, experienced VA attorney, or where to go for help? If my

VSO could resolve this problem, it would have already been resolved 5 years ago.

Can I make a complaint at the Office of Special Counsel, or Attorney Generals office when it comes to VA disability complaints? I believe I can document "Retaliation" on the part of the VARO.

I have been in contact with Senator Brown, but have heard mixed things about getting the legislator involved. What is your take on this?

Thanks..

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Also, I already tried a NOD and to go through the BVA. Incredibly, the BVA granted complete benefits, but the Cleveland RO decided that "complete" benefits, meant a zero percent rating.

When I filed a NOD protesting the zero percent, the Cleveland RO stated they "interpreted" my NOD as a claim for benefits to the CAVC. Therefore, they contend they can just ignore my NOD, and have done so for more than 3 years. That is right. No SOC filed by the RO ever. Yes, I know they HAVE to request a clarification of the NOD, as stated in M21 Regs, but what happens when VARO refuses to comply with its own regulations?

I am guessing I should file a CUE claim, but to whom? The BVA has already given me everything I asked, although the RO and I differ on what was the benefit sought, because the RO ignored 3 out of 4 of my claims. Can I file a CUE claim to CAVC?

Do you have the BVA docket and Citation number so we can read it at the BVA web site?

It is unusual for the VA to promise a claim will be decided by a specific date.

I dont really understand your questions-

Did the BVA have juridiction over all of your claims or just the one they decided?

"Does anyone know of a good, experienced VA attorney, or where to go for help?"

When was your NOD filed?

There are plenty of attorneys around helping vets- new ones are being trained too even as we speak-

Go to the Project Salute web site- and see if these mobile vet lawyers will be in your locale soon-and see if you fall under the income regs-

if so send them the filled out form and make sure you get to their mobile van-

One of their lawyers told me they expected 30-40 vets in Texas first stop- and they got over 200-

Project Salute lawyers are PRO BONO_ therefore the June 21, 2007 regulation doesnt count-

others require the NOD filed after June 21, 2007.

Or go to NOVA and try some of the lawyers listed there-

or google attorneys representing disabled vets-

I found a NOVA lawyer in seconds-he called me, my CUE claims were mailed to him Friday-

Also check out my SVR shows-

http://www.stardustent.com/

In all future shows I do-I am bringing on the lawyers-

Richard Cohen Exec Director NOVA and CAVC attorney MAych 12th

Robert Walsh NOVA and Professor of Law Uni. Detroit Mercy School of Law- teaching VA 101 to Project Salute attorneys

March 19th 6:30 DST

toll free call ins 1-877-213-4329

They are out there-and the list is growing-

I need to repeat this- Project Salute lawyers on wheels (a VAN)

income limits for their help-

NOD could have been filed anytime at all-

Others come under the June 21, 2007 regs.

There is also something called a third party hire-

I am considering this-too-

someone( not the claimant) hires the lawyer to rep the vet-

my daughter said she would hire a lawyer for my AO claim-I just dont know how that works but will let you all know-

it probably means a couple thousand bucks in retainer right from the git go.

"the RO in Cleveland perjured themselves to the court (CAVC), when they stated I had no contact with the RO for 2 years, when I have an IRIS email documenting that I did, in fact, have contact with the RO during the alleged blackout period. "

what court -the CAVC? who was on your POA as attorney there?

Can you give us the CAVC docket number?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta

Thanks for your answer.

It sounds like I need a lawyer. I just thought someone may have had good luck with a lawyer, and would share the name with me. I have contacted one or two, but really did not get a good result so far.

I tried to send you a personal message with the CAVC and BVA numbers but they came back. I am a bit hesitant to post those online, as I have been harrassed online, and those documents have personal information in them (I think!).

• HadIt.com Elder

Traditionally many Vets have complained to the President of US, the OIG of VA, Their Congress Critters. Its still a crap shoot.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

"I tried to send you a personal message with the CAVC and BVA numbers but they came back. I am a bit hesitant to post those online, as I have been harrassed online, and those documents have personal information in them (I think!)."

sorry -that is one reason my email and PM is closed-

I know the feeling-

but the BVA decision should have no personal info in it at all-

The CAVC decisions give name, address and phone number-however- that is how many lawyers called me and wrote to me-that is public so I do understand-

but does your CAVC lawyer have a referral you could use?

You might be in the third party hire scenario-

and not able to get a lawyer any other way-

the BVA awarded and then the RO rated you at "0" SC-

and you nodded this-

you need to send them medical evidence to show your rating should be higher.

"Therefore, they contend they can just ignore my NOD, and have done so for more than 3 years. That is right. No SOC filed by the RO ever. Yes, I know they HAVE to request a clarification of the NOD, as stated in M21 Regs, but what happens when VARO refuses to comply with its own regulations? "

Do you have any state Senator or COngressperson who is on the HVAC or SVAC committees in DC?

They NEVER sent you any reason for the 0% at all?when you nodded it?

I have never seen that before-unless you filed the NOD after the NOD year was up.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.