Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Should I Do?

Rate this question

I Corps 1970

Question

I have a claim in with the VA for PTSD so I thought I would also file for SSD. I emailed my conditions (PTSD, major depression, anxiety and alcohol dependance) to Allsup. I followed up with a phone call and was told they would not represent me because there is no way to prove which condition came first.

I have to be honest with my claims, so how does one justify the fact that the PTSD symtoms where the cause of the other conditions, resulting in self medication and dependence to both the VA & Social Security?

Thirty-eight years ago I had no idea what was wrong with me.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably does not lead anywhere.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Unfortunately 2 minutes may be the best the shrink can do. You should look into getting help with a group if you need talk therapy. Most of the VA Docs are just monitoring meds not really doing much to help Veterans get better.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

One more question (I hope) regarding SS. The last two jobs I had I was given the option of being fired or resigning, so I resigned. Can they dig deep enough to know that or can I state I resigned for personal (mental health) reasons and be done with that?

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably does not lead anywhere.

One more question (I hope) regarding SS. The last two jobs I had I was given the option of being fired or resigning, so I resigned. Can they dig deep enough to know that or can I state I resigned for personal (mental health) reasons and be done with that?

I Corps, I saw this happen at my old company many times. I doubt you could get the companies to admit to giving you those two options. There will be no paper trail and they do this to cover themselves. If you have access to any written documentation from the companies where they state your performance was poor, attendance was poor, disciplinary actions, etc., that might help your case. They are obligated to give you your personnel files.

80% SC, 100% TDIU

• HadIt.com Elder

Even when a Company wants to fire an employee they mostly want them to resign so that is why option is offered. Almsot anyone in business and even the VA know this.

• HadIt.com Elder

If that is the truth it would be best. Good Luck