Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Brother's Jounery Has Ended

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

Hello:

Thought i would let everyone know that my Brother died today after a long battle with cancer. He has been undergoing Chemo since August for Stage 4 Liver Cancer. [ he had Colon Cancer 27 years ago and then lung cancer 2 years ago and his last cancer was diagnosed in August 2007] He had been doing better we thought until he fell last Thursday hitting his head. At the hospital CT scan reveled that the cancer has invaded his brain and though out his entire body. His Chemo was discontinued and he went in a coma Saturday. He faught a real battle and was so brave until the end. He gained many friends at the local VA here in Columbia Mo through out his illness and each person he had come in contact with the last few months with the VA [ Dr's and Nurses both] came to visit when they learned he was in the hospital and checked in with us everyday to see how he was doing. I can say that his last few days and hours were filled with compassions from all his nurses and Dr's and was treated very respectfully through it all, They have become great friends with the family who needed them at this time. I was impressed!!!

Jessie ;)

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I am sorry for your brothers depth and realize that this is a traumatic event in a families life. That also there is hope and that verse in 1 Thessolonians 4:13-18 "that we should sorrow not as others which have not hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died adn rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. and verse 18"Wherefore comfort one another with these words". I hope you can find encouragement that Christi knows what he is doing and he said he will never leave the nor forsake the. God Bless you and your family. C.C.

Thanks to all for the thoughts and Prayers, They are so appreciated this is a very difficult time for my family as it is the first lost of a sibling and the first child lost of my mother. I take great comfort in knowing so many care, Thank You!!

Jessie

Jessie,

You have the deepest sympathy from our family. May Our God of all grace and mercy be with you and your family during this difficult time. May I lead us all in a prayer of comfort? "Holy God, our Heavenly Father, we come to You in the name of, and through the blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Father, I pray that you provide the presence of Your Holy Spirit in the family of our brother in arms. Father you alone know the hearts of all men, you have made us in Your image and we are yours. Eternity is yours O Lord, thank you for the ability to become your children. Father only your grace, mercy and peace can speak to our spirits at this time. You alone are God and their is none other. It is to You that we can trust for comfort at this time, please grant Father, that peace which You have provided on the cross to this family. I pray in the name of Our Lord Jesus". Others may pray in another way, but Jessie this is the way I have been lead to pray for you. Others may need this prayer for their guidance in a prayer life.

Blessings,

Rev. Rich