Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

For Vets With Claims On Pulmonary Issues

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have disected the regs for Pulmonary issues and I have hit on a section that actually states that Pulmonary Function testing will be required for rating a oulmonary disease unless you have

Right heart failure, Pulmonary Hypertension,Oxygen thereapy,Ect.

If you have been Service connected for Lung disease and have these issues, You should be 100 percent Schedular. If your percentage has been low balled and you have these conditions, This reg was not applied to the claim and may constitute a CUE.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....50&idno=38

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I have disected the regs for Pulmonary issues and I have hit on a section that actually states that Pulmonary Function testing will be required for rating a oulmonary disease unless you have

Right heart failure, Pulmonary Hypertension,Oxygen thereapy,Ect.

If you have been Service connected for Lung disease and have these issues, You should be 100 percent Schedular. If your percentage has been low balled and you have these conditions, This reg was not applied to the claim and may constitute a CUE.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....50&idno=38

Hi

I was diagnosed with TB in 69 in Korea, was put on medication for a year, no more time test, i was told later i have inactive TB. a few months later i caught infection mononucleosis it really hit me hard, tired all the time fevers swollen lymph nodes, to this day i get swollen lymph under my arms, Last year i was put in the hospotal because of chronic fatigue, fevers, sore muscles, rash on my legs, again the doctors said it was Mono, and that i will carry the virus for the rest of my life, i told the doctor i had Mono in 1969, they were shock that i had a relaps if Mono, i did not think i could get it again,

i had a PFT test done about two years ago by the Va bercause i was complaining of wheezing when i lay down or go to sleep the test results were that i had a restrictive ventilatory defect in my lungs, i was put on inhealers, but i still have the wheezing at night or whenever i lay down.

would the TB and the MONO and the defect be the cause of my wheezing, i dont smoke, i stoped smoking forty years ago.

should i have Va take another look at this, since both the TB and Mono virus will never leave my body.

Hi

I was diagnosed with TB in 69 in Korea, was put on medication for a year, no more time test, i was told later i have inactive TB. a few months later i caught infection mononucleosis it really hit me hard, tired all the time fevers swollen lymph nodes, to this day i get swollen lymph under my arms, Last year i was put in the hospotal because of chronic fatigue, fevers, sore muscles, rash on my legs, again the doctors said it was Mono, and that i will carry the virus for the rest of my life, i told the doctor i had Mono in 1969, they were shock that i had a relaps if Mono, i did not think i could get it again,

i had a PFT test done about two years ago by the Va bercause i was complaining of wheezing when i lay down or go to sleep the test results were that i had a restrictive ventilatory defect in my lungs, i was put on inhealers, but i still have the wheezing at night or whenever i lay down.

would the TB and the MONO and the defect be the cause of my wheezing, i dont smoke, i stoped smoking forty years ago.

should i have Va take another look at this, since both the TB and Mono virus will never leave my body.

What you have described is also a symptom of chronic heart failure. You might ask your primary care physician for a cardiac consult.

Best regards,

Tyler

Very good information, vets with Ankylosing Spondylitis or severe kyhposis, scoliosis, or kyphoscoliosis need to pay attention to this section also since if a residual of your spine condition creates dyspnea that section is the one that is used to generate the rating.

I got news yesterday that my C-file was being shipped off to the VAMC for additional exams in relation to my NOD. Which I expected because the original exam identified residuals and the examiner stated I had the residuals but didn't do the work up for the residuals (PN- dyspnea). So it looks like a PFT test, nerve conduction, and that lovely test with the needles and osciliscope are in my future(forget the name off hand). Its all good though, I am not looking for anything that isn't real everyday of my life!

Thanks for the info Basser, may all your catch be keepers!

Best regards,

Tyler

Did you leave mil with any TB resiuduals? and did you claim them? This case shows how VA rates and then doesnt rate TB:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp00/files3/0026878.txt