Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

As much as I'd like to think the VA is stupid and just irresponsible but to the contrary the are very smart with words they use to deny a claim. I went over my denial with a member on the PTSD portion and the C&P for PTSD the VA set forth the rules of the exam and On the opening page the EXAM stated

Compensation and Pension Examination

Mental Disorders (EXCEPT PTSD and EATING DISORDERS)

This was at the top of the page before the Exam was started, I truly believe this is why I was denied, so instead of being sent for a PTSD exam This Dr. was forced to shape a Diagnosis around my symptoms not using PTSD criteria. Just so when you go in make sure you know what the exam is exactly for. The VA know exactly what there doing here. This exam was performed with this in mind. Who in there world would file for a mental disorder exam and discard PTSD criteria off the bat. Am I looking at this wrong?

Edited by yoggie2

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i think I would be hitting somebody up for a correct C&P exam.Almost sounds and

looks like one of their stall tactics. I would also be a bit irritated with this.

There area specific criteria for each of those things, PTSD/Mental/Mood Disorders,

as well as eating disorders. Each is different. The C&P exams have to follow

certain criteria for each. I am sorry to hear that they did that to you.

Ron

Edited by RSG

It sounds to me like they screwed you intentionally. There is no limit to how far they will go to screw a vet.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.

-Patrick Henry

Why in the world would you exclude the PTSD i filed for and replace it with a Mental Exam (excluding PTSD criteria right off the bat in writing). I am not that smart when it comes to things like this it was a member who brought it to my attention.

• HadIt.com Elder

Rich,

Someone is determined that you don't have PTSD and are not going to

be giving the chance to file for it.

Beats me for they are a bunch of crooks.

Aren't the questions quite different for the PTSD exam?

Sorry,

Betty

I filed for PTSD, and provided evidence the VA ask for Stressor letter, Statements, IMO's and even listed as evidence on the denial but was ignored by the C&P examiner who stated he looked at it but clearly didn't. He was on a mental exam PTSD was excluded as he was directed so he was on a mission for that direction and went so far to fill my claim with things I never said or did. I could see it if it was in the sense of what he might think I said but these thing were out in left field and from his head not mine. I may be crazy but I'm not insane. As for the line of question in these types of exams you'd think they'd almost have to be, but I do not know.

Edited by yoggie2

• HadIt.com Elder
I filed for PTSD, and provided evidence the VA ask for Stressor letter, Statements, IMO's and even listed as evidence on the denial but was ignored by the C&P examiner who stated he looked at it but clearly didn't. He was on a mental exam PTSD was excluded as he was directed so he was on a mission for that direction and went so far to fill my claim with things I never said or did. I could see it if it was in the sense of what he might think I said but these thing were out in left field and from his head not mine. I may be crazy but I'm not insane. As for the line of question in these types of exams you'd think they'd almost have to be, but I do not know.

Rich,

I spent 3 years of my life fighting the lies of two quacky psychiatrist. I knew the only way I could win my claim was to dis-credit those two.

Finally, I did suceed and in the end the BVA Judge gave them no weight whatsoever in the decision to grant me service connection.

He made it quiet clear in the write up they were not telling the truth.

I just hate to see someone travel the same path I did.

Here is the PTSD Worksheet:

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/disexm43.htm

Here is the other Mental Disorder except PTSD and Eating Disorder:

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/disexm37.htm

Betty

Edited by Josephine