Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing For Increase Of Benefits.

Rate this question

Gulfvet

Question

I am filing for an increase of my benefits. My primary physician wants to schedule me for MRI of my Back. When I go to the VA physical exam, will they give me a new MRI or use the results from this one?

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The MRI will provide some excellent medical evidence however, most of these ratings (percentage levels) are based upon range of motion.

Could you please provide what specific disability rating your are requesting an increase of. Thanks

The MRI will provide some excellent medical evidence however, most of these ratings (percentage levels) are based upon range of motion.

Could you please provide what specific disability rating your are requesting an increase of. Thanks

I am looking at increase sleep desorder,my right knee, my left ancle and my lower back, my back on a scale of 1-10 is 10.

ETS PHYSICAL EXAM. I never went on sick call for my back, but on my ETS physical exam it states that I have back pain. Can I use my ETS physical Exam to support my back pain claim?

Was it an "acute" case of back pain, since you do not have a record of "sick call" visits for "chronic" back pain complaints? Without a record (history) of back pain in service, except for the mentioning of it at your ETS physical, it may or may not be enough. Depends on what your radiographic findings are. Meaning, if your radiographic evidence presents any form of arthritis and or IVDS (Intervertebral Disc Syndrome), it can be pretty well determined that the issues did not just begin at the time of your X-ray/MRI.

You indicated in a previous post that your back is 10 on a scale of 1-10, what is your ROM *e.g., forward flexion, lateral extension, etc.? Was your ROM noted by the physician at your ETS physical? I would think, if you are separating, he/she would have wanted to get that information documented because it is important to your claim.

Are you claiming all of your conditions on a direct basis or are you claiming something as secondary to something else?

Was it an "acute" case of back pain, since you do not have a record of "sick call" visits for "chronic" back pain complaints? Without a record (history) of back pain in service, except for the mentioning of it at your ETS physical, it may or may not be enough. Depends on what your radiographic findings are. Meaning, if your radiographic evidence presents any form of arthritis and or IVDS (Intervertebral Disc Syndrome), it can be pretty well determined that the issues did not just begin at the time of your X-ray/MRI.

You indicated in a previous post that your back is 10 on a scale of 1-10, what is your ROM *e.g., forward flexion, lateral extension, etc.? Was your ROM noted by the physician at your ETS physical? I would think, if you are separating, he/she would have wanted to get that information documented because it is important to your claim.

Are you claiming all of your conditions on a direct basis or are you claiming something as secondary to something else?

It only states, recurrent back pain.

I fought the VA for 4 years over back issues. If it was not for my primary care physcian at the VA ordering a MRI I would have never won my claim. I would not sweat it. The can tell from a MRI how long its been. I only had one mention in my service records for a back problem. My QTC exam said as lest as likely or not. So iwas serviced connected.

jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim