Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help On Applying For Increase Of Ptsd

Rate this question

101airborne

Question

Hello, I am currently applying to increase my rating due to a worsening of my symptoms. I am current;y rated 50 percent. I talked to my VSO today and we decided to start the process. I currently see a psycologist once a week and he recomended that I apply for more compensation and he will write a letter on my behalf. I am about to lose my job because I can no longer function in a work place environment. Some mornings I dont even want to get out of bed. With the advice I have been given so far, I should get a letter from my boss stating that he is contemplated firring me because of

inability to concentrate.

1. irritability

2. unable to take orders

3. lack of motivation

I am also getting a letter from a former pastor that has known me for 10 years and who has talked me out of sucide multiple times.

I have been on 6 anti-depressents and 3 different sleeping pills. My wife divorced me.

I am seeking 100 percent with unemployment and I would love for anyone to tell me anything that can help me with this process and my new c&p I will have to go through.

I am rated 10 percent for a wrist fracture and 10 percent for tinnitus, 50 percent for ptsd = 60%

If someone wants to email me or write on here that would be great.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

101airborne

If your employer fires you or retires you on disability then you will have a much stronger case for an increase. Working is one of the main if not the main criteria for higher ratings in mental type claims. If you can work and support yourself the VA is not going to award a higher rating because they know most will quit their jobs and ask for TDIU or 100% benefits. The thing is if your employer let you go today for the reasons you stated could you hold out a year while your IU claim is being evaluated? It is hard to work and support yourself above the poverty line and get IU. Getting yourself admitted to a VA hospital for your PTSD can help sometimes as can going to the VA and a VA ptsd group or in-patient treatment.

• HadIt.com Elder
i can budget and hold out a year. yes. That wont be a problem. Im think of getting fired monday and starting my appeal on tuesday. Any insight?

Yes, go check into your local VA hospital. The rest would be good for you and you will get the much help you need before

you do as my daughter and not just talk suicide.

She actually did it. Thanks to the doctors, she did not die, but she did get the help she needed and received her SSDI

immediately.

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
i can budget and hold out a year. yes. That wont be a problem. Im think of getting fired monday and starting my appeal on tuesday. Any insight?

Hold on there....You'll still be in a better position for tdiu if you are able to get an increase to 70% first. Try to hold on to your job as long as you are able, file for an increase, receive the 70% rating, then stop working and file for tdiu.

if you can't hold out, then stop working and file, and hope for the best. If you are having si/hi, then please do as Josephine said and check yourself into the hospital.