Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Auto Grant For Loss Of Use

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Dear Rich,

I have ran into a little problem with my dealer for my van. They will not release the van to me until the VA has paid them. I financed the remaining balance and the van is sitting and I cannot use it. The dealership says they would work with the VA and took off all the prices (ie power steering, brakes, windows, ext which was $8,000.00 on top of the VA grant), but they do not trust the VA as far a remaining payment. I contacted our local VARO and they informaed me it might take another 6-8 weeks in real time that might be 6-8 months.

Have you ever heard of this? how did your process work? thank and God bless.

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

while we are on this subject,does anyone on the board here know of or has a good used wheelchair or scooter van thats for sale.at my age it makes no sense to buy a new one but can't seem to find a reliable source for used .

• HadIt.com Elder

He's not looking for a chair, he'd lookin for a van already adapted, I think, maybe......?

while we are on this subject,does anyone on the board here know of or has a good used wheelchair or scooter van thats for sale.at my age it makes no sense to buy a new one but can't seem to find a reliable source for used .

LarryJ, I believe "buickx" was replying to this question...

• HadIt.com Elder

I know which question he is replying to, he's replying to this one:

"while we are on this subject,does anyone on the board here know of or has a good used wheelchair or scooter van thats for sale.at my age it makes no sense to buy a new one but can't seem to find a reliable source for used ."

and buickx said:

"I see your 100%, so go to your primary doctor at the va and tell him you need a chair.....a new one.."

and I said:

"He's not looking for a chair, he'd lookin for a van already adapted, I think, maybe......?"

just sayin.....