Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Auto Grant For Loss Of Use

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Dear Rich,

I have ran into a little problem with my dealer for my van. They will not release the van to me until the VA has paid them. I financed the remaining balance and the van is sitting and I cannot use it. The dealership says they would work with the VA and took off all the prices (ie power steering, brakes, windows, ext which was $8,000.00 on top of the VA grant), but they do not trust the VA as far a remaining payment. I contacted our local VARO and they informaed me it might take another 6-8 weeks in real time that might be 6-8 months.

Have you ever heard of this? how did your process work? thank and God bless.

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

while we are on this subject,does anyone on the board here know of or has a good used wheelchair or scooter van thats for sale.at my age it makes no sense to buy a new one but can't seem to find a reliable source for used .

it's me!

• HadIt.com Elder

He's not looking for a chair, he'd lookin for a van already adapted, I think, maybe......?

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

while we are on this subject,does anyone on the board here know of or has a good used wheelchair or scooter van thats for sale.at my age it makes no sense to buy a new one but can't seem to find a reliable source for used .

LarryJ, I believe "buickx" was replying to this question...

• HadIt.com Elder

I know which question he is replying to, he's replying to this one:

"while we are on this subject,does anyone on the board here know of or has a good used wheelchair or scooter van thats for sale.at my age it makes no sense to buy a new one but can't seem to find a reliable source for used ."

and buickx said:

"I see your 100%, so go to your primary doctor at the va and tell him you need a chair.....a new one.."

and I said:

"He's not looking for a chair, he'd lookin for a van already adapted, I think, maybe......?"

just sayin.....

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph